Octatrack MK2 SCAM on eBay Kleinanzeigen! My story and a warning!

Perhaps, but what would be gained by this? I only see a cautionary tale to be wary of craigslist type purchases.

I didn’t want to be the first one to say that, but I totally agree.

this thing goes deeper than you can imagine, maaaannnn

1 Like

Soooo weird

I already thought about it myself… But can reassure you that I’m real and can proof that it happened to me too. This is why I would rather meet somehow in real life if vvlv lives where I live.

Basically what happened I couldn’t get much info about the scammer online and before going to bed yesterday I decided to give last try on google. To great surprise of mine I saw a thread on here created a couple hours ago.

Yes, lesson learned, I shouldn’t get so emotionally invested, but my blood was boiling. Next day, I am cool again, going to the police and my lawyer, the bank has been really nice so far, telling me their special department for fraud will take care of this and contact me within a week or so.

3 Likes

Hey mj, sorry to hear you got scammed as well. I am in Austria, and I am in contact with a third guy who got scammed over a OP-1. Contacted the bank and Ebay Kleinanzeigen (they won’t do shit, it even says so when you report something) and going to the police and a lawyer today. Would be great if the community managed to hunt that f’ing punk down.
Definitely go to the police, I am sorry there is a language barrier for you, but it’d be the best. If you text me @adzix on Instagram I will send you my phone number and I can keep you updated. Don’t think there’s the option to privately message someone here. Or try Facebook: Wolfgang Adzix Ellmerer.

I added you: My IG is adzix. You’re the third person now besides me that got scammed by him/her. Would be great to join forces and hunt that scammer down.

you certainly can. click on their avatar/name, then in the pop-up click the “message” button.

Ah, my bad then. Thanks.

It’s really weird, agreed. One person that contacted me about it, did share screenshots of their conversation though. And it’s all in the same scheme and seems more than legit. Either way, I don’t know what someone would gain from faking to be scammed by the same person, except for maybe a certain thrill and hoping to get updates on the investigation? No matter what anyone does, I am going to the police today, and my lawyer, bank is contacted, just to make sure I do everything I can.

Sorry it happened to you!
But i am deleting my eBay Kleineinzeigen account , they don’t care about people being robed on their platform ?!?? WTF !!! OK, that is really so nice :frowning:

I never got scammed, but i always pay with paypal, not f and friends, on some occasions, people where like: can you do bank transfer ? FandF ? And when i said no, we are not family and not friends, thanks, they were getting all touchy, like i did something to them.

Hope you can solve this. Godspeed!!

2 Likes

That is exactly right

As long as you go to the police and start an action fraud/scam and than go to the bank with your police document the bank should refund you.

However this is a weird scam.
Usually the scammer don’t to leave personal details like bank account or IBAN as these are easily to track and always associated withe a legal name, single person/company.

You should have the name to whom you made the bank transfer, right?

2 Likes

I will start doing that today. Maybe with the police action involved it will be indeed easier to get the money back. Thank you.

Yes, it’s the same person as vvlv mentioned.

Definitely fishy

Sorry to hear that.
I lost 800 on ebay on a rytm(4 years ago or so)
Ebay and kleinanzeigen are full of those thieves.
It happens all the time.
There is one rule to stick to: always pay per paypal - and don‘t use friends and family option…
no papypal no deal, only if you pick it up personally.
But I‘m sure you know that now. I learned it the hard way too.
Police didn’t help, ebay didn’t help, but my case was slightly different. Good luck

1 Like

This is a good advice. And personally I will stick to it now and honestly just think less about saving money while buying used anyway. I feel like I got addicted to the easy buy/sell process of synths in Germany and just paying less attention to these situations now. Well, not anymore.

The thing is that I’ve had some positive experience by doing a bank transfer before on ebay-kleinanzeigen and everything was very smooth (bought a Social Entropy Engine from a guy from a different town in Germany with shipment by DHL). But that was just an exception. Indeed, doing such bank transfers is super dangerous and a clear sign of scam.

That’s my thought, too. But from what I’ve read they open bank accounts with stolen ID, get the money and close it. Really vile sh*t going on, those scammers are on another level.

@vvlv I am sorry for your lost of so much money. I bought last week an octatrack mk1 and everything went fine. But like you I was looking very intense every offer on ebay kleinanzeigen and decided to watch after offers that seem to look safe and there I contacted a friendly person and made the deal via paypal - not friends, I insisted to pay him more money so that I was safe and everything was fine.

If you are a buyer - NEVER, I repeat again _ NEVER _ - use paypal friends or try to make the deal with your bank, use paypal always, to hide your bank information!! And dont use full real names and/or your complete adress and phone numbers that triggers persons who want to get your email adress to send maybe horses or worms… be careful, the internet is full of thieves :slight_smile:

1 Like