Octatrack mk2 no sample on playback

thanks. still trying to find, figure out the ‘fastest and simplest’ way to sample on OT. I am getting lots of different info from here and videos and manual, so it looks like many ways to sample, not just one. Just want to take Youtube and other audio into A/B for now and use it that way. Similar to what you described above. If you have a step by step for your process, would love to see it, and practice.

I am not near my OT right now or I would. Yeah

I’ll look through this when I get home… but to be honest, just keepchuggin away. Once you figure out how to get things going, the process of learning and making mistakes is very important on the OT. Those mistakes and the process help you in the future. When I first started using the OT, I could spend a day trying to figure out what setting I had wrong… I still make those little mistakes, but I figure out what’s wrong almost instantaneously, because I of those years of sweating and learning.

1 Like

One very important thing when sampling with the OT. When you hit func a/b, that should take you to the record mode of the OT… you are now in a different part of the OT, where you place triggers and adjust settings for recording. When you hit no, it takes you back to regular trigger mode. If you hit func a/b you go back to where you set your record triggers. Hit no, you are where you place triggers to play/trigger samples.
Try this. Go into record mode, place a couple random triggers, then hit no and go back to sample trigger mode, hit a bunch of random triggers… there is also another way of seeing what trigs are on what mode, by hitting func edit, while in record mode.

1 Like

thanks again.

I am working with choosing different lengths on different tracks in OT
What is the most normally used default Master Page sequence length setting ? I am assuming its 64?

wow. finally making progress, starting to get the sampling etc. It helps to slowwww down and take your time. Cannot rush this. Just realizing You can build Anything from Anything and dont need a thousand sound sources. yeah OT is amazing.:relieved::wink:
I am finding the sound quality is astounding also with parameter tweaks here and there.

1 Like

Just learnt this, so easy to sample this way!

1 Like

Yep. Add QREC to quantize loop recordings.

When in play mode (not step mode), hit function-edit (bank). Here you can set your parameters for each pattern. My record buffer is now 128 steps. Master 128…It’s all up to how you are working really.

1 Like

yes-This is exactly how I’ve been learning it also. Sampling and trying stuff while I watch and pausing as I go.

Will have to look that up next !

What do you mean by that?
Predefined recording RLength is 64 steps max, unfortunately.
Recordings can be quantized to 128 steps, but their RLength can’t be set to 128, whatever scale settings are.

RLEN sets the duration of the recording once the track recorder starts to sample. This setting is dependent of the BPM of the sequencer but disregards any scale settings of the track

Another question:
I am using the same longer sample for 4 different tracks, but I am changing the ‘start’ point of the sample using the AED for each different track. How do I capture, and SAVE just that edited portion of the sample so it does not accidentally slip or get nudged somehow later? Is this done using the ‘Edit’ then ‘Save Sel as Sample’, or ‘Crop to Selection’? or other way?

Also, when finished with a pattern, do I always need to got to Project>Collect Samples?

Oh, yeah sorry… too much in one sentence. I have my record buffer set to max…Memory is at 128. Ooops

nnnnnnnn