Octatrack mk2 encoders prone to not trigger/double trigger than ARmk2?

I got a relatively new octa2 and ar2 and i noticed that every time i press a trig and change parameterws with the knobs on the ar2, the buttons always trigger, and detrigger when i want to release them. octa seems much more unreliable, sometimes i need to presss the button 2-3 times for it to become gray and lock unto paramter and the same to unlock a paramterer. and it seems far less presice than armk2, so hitting the exact spot is much more of a hassle. first i thought i got a failty unit but literally all the knobs behave the same. is this just how the mk2 black line is manufacturd? if it was 1-3 buttons, deffinately bad buttons on doing locks and unlocks, but every one of them? hmm… how is your?

To be clear, the encoders always evenrually lock or unlock desired parameter, but sometimes it takes one press, sometimes it takes 2-3 presses, and it applies to every 8 of them. Everything else feels completely smooth about the machine ad I somehow doubt that this is unusual behaviour since all behave the same but not only 1-3 encoders. Also kind of a bummer how imprecise the encoders are, but thank god for faderfox…

Nobody expering this? I literally never have to double or tripple press AR encodrs for locks/unlocks. And they are way more presice. Almost feels like different pot components…

this is not how encoders behave on a functioning elektron machine

boot up into test mode: with power off, hold function and power up, press trig 1 and see if any encoder errors are logged. you’ll be able to ID any encoders with physical failures in this mode by turning and pressing any of them and noting their responsiveness. if they behave how you’ve described above or theres are errors logged, contact elektron for repair support.

thanks!

can you explain a little bit further? i did what you asked, i see a white screen and i press turn the encoders, the buttotns turn green to the right and red to the left. prestting the encoders works just fine, at least no errors. as I say, they work 90% of the time when locking with them, but 100% of the time with analog rytm which is strange

If all behave the same and how no errors in the test mode, I guess I justbt got an unit with bad batch of encorders?

very unlikely imho … more likely that when you are pressing you are also rotating

try being methodical to only press (and to avoid any twist on down/up)

this whole issue of ux ‘usability’ is one that i think needs better implementation in places, adjusting parameters can be too fiddly and i have had lots of issues when pressing/releasing

this might not be your issue, just seems much more likely than a bad batch of parts or any manufacturing concerns

the og OT had different (actual encoders, digital), it’s less inconsistent iirc - the mkii has twin-track potentiometers (analog) and it needs more software ‘handling’ … i think it’s simply that the AR2 has been better adapted to the components

try locking midi parameters, those are all weighted the same, this will make comparison across encoders more meaningful, in all likelihood settling any concerns it’s hardware