Octatrack MK2 Data Entry Knob and Page Button LED Issues

Hey @Olle just wondering if there’s been any movement on this problem? I can totally deal with it but it is quite frustrating. Can we expect this to change any time soon or is it just a sit and wait thing? Not asking for a date, just need to know if we’re still at the back of the line. cheers

Talking about the page light specifically by the way. No problem with encoders for me

It’s unfortunately a sit and wait thing. The fix will be in a larger bug fix update. Exactly when that will happen is still uncertain, but not if.

9 Likes

Glad to see it’s still on the agenda. I have every confidence it’ll be sorted in due time :+1:

1 Like

The encoders are smooth and have great resolution,
but It’s really hard to clear a parameter lock by clicking the encoders On my ot mk2
it takes normally 3-4 times they don’t click properly and reset

1 Like

Same for me. The old encoders gave a satisfying reassurance that you were actually doing something.

Has anyone ever tried to DIY old encoders onto a Mk2?

Is this even possible?

1 Like

Since this got posted 2(+) weeks ago I wonder what this larger bug fix update will contain. Actually I/we only know about the “page led color issue” … can we have some spoilers? Please? :wink:

3 Likes

Overbridge!

See inside

tnussb knows I’m joking, for anyone who didn’t know it was a joke, I apologise.

2 Likes

Any updates Olle? It’s been a long time since any news has been shared. This issue is kinda driving me nuts. I honest to God have to cycle the page button 3-4 times to figure out what page I’m on. I know the LCD indicates it but in the heat of the moment I always rely on the page buttons on my other machines.

2 Likes

I sold my Digitakt to fund an Octatrack. So far I’m very pleased with it but I’m also experiencing difficulties with the page indicator. It’s very hard to distinguish the color nuances.
I never experienced problems like this with the Digitakt or Digitone.

It’s good to know that this is a known issue and there is a solution is in the works. On the other hand, this issue was first reported in February 2018 which makes it hard to believe that this issue will actually be resolved.

And while speaking about led colors, shouldn’t there be a colorblind mode.

After almost one year of use, and despite all the love I have for this machine, this led issue remains a PITA… It constantly breaks the flow and I really wonder how pple manage with it.

I really hope the developers will have the kindness to fix that.

3 Likes

Seriously guys? : ) Just reading the topic, and my hair stand on end!

Still happy about this :heart_eyes:

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is - not yet - done.

:wink:

Two years and four months since I started this thread :disappointed:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s depressing. The OT mk2 has not gotten as much update love as I hoped it would over the years. Obviously trig conditions was huge but besides a screen dimmer, that’s it.
Come on guys, how hard is it to increase the brightness or better yet change the color.
It really is ridiculously hard to tell what page you are on. Is it the same for MK1?

2 Likes

No the Mk I I bought in 2013 and then sold to buy the Mk2 was absolutely fine

2 Likes

It’s good on my MK1 as well. It’s a real problem on my AK, though…

Green or yellow light as a page indicator would probaply be best?!

3 Likes

It is easy to see what page is active, see the image below for reference.

:red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: Page 1 active

:red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: Page 2 active

:red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: Page 3 active

:red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: Page 4 active
:laughing:

14 Likes

I wish my OT has this help text beside the LEDs … this would really make it easy :laughing:

2 Likes

Ah, the neglected bastard step child of the Elektron lineup. The genius in the corner getting no attention. It will never be the Dynamic Performance Sampler that it was destined to be, because sadly it has to be stopped just to confirm that the correct measure is selected. And thus the music is always stopped as is the groove and the good times. No, it has become a Static Cessation Sampler. Although those who had invested in it had loved it, they were deeply saddened that it had been ignored for so long and never developed.

Seriously though, the OT2 was pretty expensive and this really needs to be addressed.

Also, Static Cessation Sampler has a nice ring to it. Too bad it’s exactly what you don’t want.

1 Like