Octatrack MK2 blackout & yellow leds

Hi Buddies!

This afternoon my octatrack start to acting weird… I’ve been using it for a few hours straight
and suddenly the screen turned black, all the led buttons switched off, and leds A/B/C/D, Erase, Card status & scale, turned on in yellow.

Anyone experienced the same issues knows what happened?
I’ve been using several machines at the same time and everything works fine… :cold_face:

thanks

Was USB plugged in on mac?

Let it sit with the power off and the midi I/o unplugged. I’ve had a similar issue, but I didn’t think much of it after a day, hasn’t happened since.

Hi Darenager! Thanks for the reply

Yes!

Everything was plugged in when the octatrack failed.
I tried to desconnect every single cord (audio, Midi, usb, compact flash) and boot the Octatrack, after several minutes, same issue.
Plug the psu in different sockets… same result.
Runned a Test mode and all is ok, format de card, reset the device…

Any advice?

Thank you

Thanks Buddy!

Your answer gave me some peace of mind… I’ll give a break until tomorrow & i give a try! I hope it happens like your Octatrack.

Fingers crossed

I know some people had crashes with USB connected on mac, but if it also happened without USB connected it isn’t that.

Are you using the stock card on a fairly new OT? I know some users reported issues on that too.

2 Likes

Thanks guys for your help, it was very usefull!
Elektron answered my ticket… sadly the machine need service, and it’s looks like is a common issue.
I found this post and illustrates perfectly the problem, i hope this will be usefull for future users who will experience this fault.

thanks everyone :smile:

2 Likes

I forgot to mention this issue comes from the CPU…
:four_leaf_clover: everyone