Octatrack Midi LFO to Syntakt?!?

Hey
I’m still kind of new to OT, I’ve explored most of it but the midi page has been left un-touched until now and just like that I’m back to head scratching and confusion.

What I aim to do is send a random MIDI LFO from the OT to track 11 on my Syntakt to alter the depth of LFO 1, is this possible? if so how?

Yes. Check in ST manual which Control Change correspond to LFO1’s depth.
On OT, set a midi track to channel 11, set the required CC number in CTL1 setup page, activate CC1 with Func + CC1 Encoder push.
Choose CC1 as lfo’s dest…

1 Like

thanks for the info mate, going to give this a go now!

ah that has opened up so many possibilities, thanks a lot for the help mate works like a dream. the syntakt with the extra LFO’s is an actual dream

2 Likes

:+1:
Also possible with midi loopback with ST standalone. With OT you can theoretically add 24 lfos. But midi data rate is limited, so I’d recommend Random with Hold mode to send minimum data.
Unfortunately Elektron machines don’t have modulation matrix natively…
Plocks are great but I’d need more…Waiting for SLEW for all Elektrons !

2 Likes

y’know I talked to someone on IG about using LFO’s through MIDI loop back on the ST but they ended up getting a lot of crashing issues, it seemed unstable, have you had that issue?

100% with you on the slew part, it’s an actual crime against humanity that its not there already :sweat_smile:. its defo looking hopeful though since RYTM got it and now HEAT +FX, awaiting and sweating for that big syntakt update (euclid and slew would be a game changer for the device). I have doubts about it making it to the OT but god damn I hope it does.

2 Likes

Against Elektron users having machines made since Analog Four for sure.
I’d wish it for OT to, but the code is probably be very different…

I did try midi loopback with ST, worked as intended.

1 Like