Octatrack Midi CC pedal for Pickup Machine use

I’ve been heavily thinking about diving into the diy pedal world just to build this

Whoa yeah that looks just right! I heard those guys were more apt towards making more clock based pedals

RAAAD! When you have one all cooked up you have at least one guaranteed customer.

I am not the quickest maker in the world… but i promise, when its finished. i let you know :slight_smile:

I did some searches here and the old forum, and a few other people said they were using them just fine for this. Like you I don’t really need something big, an FCB is just overkill for me. I just saw they actually have a new version out too, the link I sent you is for the older one:

http://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/dmc-3xl-gen3

KMI Softstep and MIDI Expander with OT

Anyone using this combo? Looking for something relatively small to help me use the Pickup machine hands free for some guitar based gigs I have coming up, and I REALLY don’t want to bring a laptop with to handle any USB MIDI controller routing.

I thought you gave up the OT?

I’ll be keeping my eye on this thread.
Looking for a hands free solution myself.

I saw that Juan, but it seems to need the iConnect interface as well making this start to get a bit expensive for just needing a portable way to trigger two buttons :slight_smile:

Yeah I didnt catch that till the end.
There HAS to be something in this size that’s standalone.

Reading the manual for this little guy AMT FS-2 MIDI
Seems can program CC and PgCh on the device itself

Not sure it’ll work with OT though

Hi, Look at this model, with special firmware for octatrack

http://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/dmc-8d-midi-foot-controller

I think will be something like in the model DMC7 out of stock

Users:

We now offer the DMC-7 with custom firmware specifically designed to control the Octatrack.

Available controls:

Bottom row, left to right.

1. start record/overdub – note 60

2. stop record/loop – note 64

3. start seq/stop – note 34

4. start/restart – note 35
    Top row, left to right.

5. sequencer lock/start – note 71

6. prev track – note 69

7. next track – note 68
    Expression pedal input – Crossfader – CC 48
    The Octatrack firmware gives you full control of the Pickup Machines for live looping, and the DMC-7’s foot controls let you loop while playing your instrument.

this is the discontinued DMC-7

Yeah, I saw that as well, definitely another one to consider. Do you know what the buttons are mapped to?

Thanks!

Tarekith, it’s hard to see because the mods split your post, but if you were asking about the softstep plus midi usb host, I use that combo and it’s dead simple and reliable. The programmer for softstep is pretty painless, and you can easily program functionality that will turn the LEDs on and off in response to logic conditions (was less complicated than it sounds, really), so the LEDs will show you when one of your pickup machines is recording vs overdubbing, etc.

1 Like

Looks like DMC-D8 no longer support the Octatrack firmware. That’s too bad.

i like the pedals mentioned above. found out i do need something similar as well, as recording with the OT using only a pair of hands isn’t the easiest thing to do :grin:

and, what was the result? anybody tested it with the AMT FS2? seems for me the best solution…

…out of curiosity (and perhaps something else :grin:): how many parameters do you guys usually use/need to control the OT with a MIDI pedal? is 2 enough, 5 to get the best out of it, 8 for super control? :astonished::relaxed:

2 Likes

Checked the manual on this one a few days ago:

Seems to be possible to transmit the messages needed (NN#, CC# and/or PC#) to an OT. As well as having some extra of few special features.

I like their HotHand and Reflex Expression pedal too…

That would be very dependant on situation, now wouldn´t it?