OctaTrack loop issues

Hey guys

Using an octatrack in a live band set up to trigger simple audio loops. Our synth player has an analog 4 which is the “brain” of the show and i’m linked to that via midi.

All tunes are working fine & in sync except one. Unlike the others - the audio sample is actually a 9 bar loop (all the others are 4, 8 or 16 bar loops.

After doing some digging i’ve got it set as a one shot (yellow trigger) with loop on and tstr off. It seems to be totally hit or miss whether the sample plays in sync with the analog 4 when he presses play on that new song/new bpm. Sometimes it has a little rolling stutter at the start of the loop, sometimes it’s slightly out of time, sometimes it’s perfect, sometimes it doesn’t play at all?

Any help more than welcome.

A simple solution may be that if I stop everything my end and just press play when i want to. However i can’t seem to get it to sync to the analog 4 at the next available beat 1, instead it just plays when ever i hit play.

Thanks guys

Pete

Hi Pete,
it seems that you not use the “Pattern per Track” and “Use Proj. Set” in the Scale mode (Function + PTN).

Also you can select per Audio-Pattern 1 - 8 “play free”

Welcome @Pcunningham

So the loop starts just at the beginning, just after START sent by A4 ? And there are timing issues due to clock adaptation at the beginning ?

OT as master clock is better for a free looping purpose.

STATIC or FLEX ? (I’d use Flex)

What about a dummy silent pattern before triggering the sample ?

It can also be triggered quantized once the clock is stable.

I’d use 1ST trig condition. (TRC).

Do you mean Scale per Track ?
9 bars is 144 steps, so a 36 steps track with 1/4 multiplier should do the trick…

Hi Pete,
in the Octatrack MK1 or 2 you can individual each track in its behavior, if it plays only 1 trig or 18 or 53.
By Function + PTN you reach the scale mode. There you can select how each Audio or Midi Track schoud work.