Octatrack just died - any tips?

I’ve tried the things I can find on the forum:

• demo mode
  • test mode
  • removed all cables
  • removed card / tried different card

this is the current status:

It boots … but then goes blank with LEDs flashing yellow …

I’m bummed out, sending for service over the holidays kinda crushes my idea of playing over the holidays.

Anybody have any other ideas?

Contact elektron support.

4 Likes

Haha, this made me laugh, thanks, obviously the next step :smiley:

1 Like

Honestly its the best one.
Go directly to the source.

Forum users aint the source.

4 Likes

Yeah, I agree, sorry if I seemed dismissive.

Sent a ticket … no OT for the holidays I guess :smiley:

I propose an 8-day wake. One day in remembrance of each track.

5 Likes

3 Likes

One thing that seems super weird is that the longer it’s left turned off, the longer it takes before it crashes.

Makes me think it’s maybe, possibly, a tiny bit, not hardware related.

I dunno, I’m just trying to not be too bummed out, seems f&*ked.

1. Open it up and make sure all internal cables / connections are seated correctly.
  2. Try a different power source, i.e. different PSU.
1 Like

Mourning can be extend then, Midi tracks also suffered.

2 Likes

This happened to me the other day, I unplugged everything and checked psu connections etc turns out I had knocked the cf card ejector

When I reinserted the cf card it worked fine

Unsure if related, but I’m using a beta os

1 Like

:thinking:hmm…beta os

2 Likes

Decide if you’re gonna ask questions in the “is octatrack worth it in 2023” thread

2 Likes

So, after resting overnight, the OT ran for about 20-25 minutes before it crashed, I wonder if that gives any tips about what could be wrong with it?

Is it possible a component is overheating?

Have you reseated the ribbon connectors?

1 Like

I would also take a closer look at the CF card slot. Maybe a pin is bent or broken?

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure if I’m comfortable opening it up while it’s still under warranty tbh.

CF slot seems fine, this morning it loaded and played a project from the card for about 20-25 minutes before crashing. All static slots.

lol you weren’t the one that was dismissive mate! Glad you got some useful pointers - always plenty to try before needing to send it off for Christmas.

Times like this I’d try and summon the OT support guru themself @sezare56

Although it’s 1.40A that is the latest official release from Elektron (and what ships on the boxes).

I’m not really sure why they use the ‘A’ designation.

Overall this forum is unbelievably helpful, unfortunately this seems to be something that even the OT forum masters might have to wash their hands of.

Thankfully there’s still a few months of warranty, just a bummer that I finally have some time over the holidays and the OT chooses yesterday to take a vacation :smiley:

shook-muppet