Octatrack is sold out already!

Hi guys,
Any body know if this will be discontinued, or will the be bringing out a new version or more of the same?

OT will be made again … no replacement yet, no retirement

2 Likes

they shall NEVER EVER retire the octatrack.
Really hope that it will live as long as Elektron is there :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Do you know that for a fact?

Asking because I have a strong feeling it will be discontinued soon. The combination of the DT, the fact they have announced they will no longer be developing it, and the fact that OB is such a part of their marketing now is what gives me that feeling.

2 Likes

Obviously if I did know for a fact I couldn’t say, so either way it’s just an opinion … I think it’s inconceivable that they’ve made their last ones without a fanfare … whether it’s to be retired soon, well, who knows, I doubt it … imagine how long it’ll take to conjure up a ‘replacement’

1 Like

I would think if they sold out, they probably wanna re-up and sell more.

3 Likes

Agreed, if they’re still selling well and the fact they didn’t include most of the OT functionality in DT it seems to suggest they’ll probably be making them for a while yet. Unless something resembling an OT2 is the next box for release…

Let’s face it, as much as we are ridiculed by other forums, the OT is, and will remain to be, King.

2 Likes

Do we know how many were made/sold ?

1 Like

Not enough? :smile:

2 Likes

Never enough. I’d like to be able to find another one in…20 years ! :content:

2 Likes

It amazes me how many people dump them at stupidly low prices given its the most versatile machine of them all. I guess the learning curve really tests the patience of some.

If they were being discontinued, I would think they’d be offered on sale as per the MD and MnM…

I’m waiting for the hybrid AR/OT new machine from Elektron :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ll wait for long ! No all in one machines from Elektron. It’s the opposite. :wink:
AR is already hybrid.

I have a strong feeling that OT2 is near :wink: DT is paving the way AKA low cost option…

Totally agree with this.
Even if there was to be an
https://scontent-lht6-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/15625073_392923284386879_515755469793394688_n.jpg
then Elektron would sent off the first one with a fanfare. They did it with the MD.

1 Like

Ok so Pac-Man will eat OT and be the next Elektron sampler ! :joy:
The DigiPac-Man ?

1 Like

It did happen multiple times in the last few years.

Not saying OT2 will never happen, but since at least 2014 people have been posting “The Octatrack is sold out, so version 2 must be coming out soon” :wink::

1 Like