Octatrack Feature Requests [closed]

The Octatrack offers different trig modes (e.g. mute, chromatic, etc). I like the idea of having a track volume mode, where you can freely assign track volume control to the data knobs, since it is not possible to change track volumes simultaneously in a handy way without an external midi controller.

If there is such a functionality please send me a message, I’d very much like to know about it!

Hi plock (ah ah nice pseudo)

1. this is not a possibility in the OT (but your idea could be extended to the idea of an extra page where all 6 rotaries could be assigned to parameters of our choice, a “macros” page like in Maschine or other softwares…

2. best is not to expect anything from elektron regarding further OT’s OS developments… I believe they even said there will be NO other updates (best to have a second web check about this)

I would have LOTS of feature requests lol…

• bank copy/paste, even from different projects and sets
  • option not to use the function button to mute/unmute scene slots
  • fix the bug with scene-locking on pickup tracks
  • option to select groups of trigs for copy/paste and parametering
  • moar FX, especially sound mangling ones
  • a dedicated EQ per track, in addition to the 2 slots
  • ability to see, in the slot list, which slots are actually used in the project (with a little symbol)
  • replace sample after resample or edition, in the same place as the original sample…

What then? Ah ah, I never made a list because I read Elektron would never make such updates…

Even a “definitive” bug-free OS seems not to be planned…

1 Like

Maybe one could ask Elektron if they could open source their OS or parts of it on Github so the community could fork an alternative OS with functions they might need/like.
Package based OS would be so nice, where you can compile only the packages you like. Might be an interesting approach, if Elektron wants to put their capacities in different products, which I’m perfectly confident with also!

2 Likes

Having owned one for about 2 weeks: sidechain compression (keyed from other tracks), and midi p-lock please. Also, a p-lock attribute for tempo could be quite interesting, but I imagine also quite complex to integrate.

MIDI CC p-lock exists : you can lock a CC value for a trig.

Do you mean MIDI scenes ?

Sorry, yes (should have checked my lingo; still new to this)

Yes, great idea, and while you’re at it, how about threshold auto record for audio (something I relied on with my old Yamaha A3000)

Moseley permit me a comment about sidechain. Sidechain itself no exist in OT but you can emulate it with imagination / ingenuity. I usually do a emulation of sidechain with the “amp” value in the amp page, If you put a kick in one track and in other track you put a Lead or a pad and move the amp value to 30% more less in the lead or pad you can create a nice “false sidechain”. With a little bit of imagination for example with the parameter locks in the amp page you can create very nice sidechain effects. try it

Same story with a triangle LFO to amp vol.

Peak/transient detector - a machine which takes the audio input or internal audio signal and uses it to modulate parameters in other tracks or even midi parameters. It would solve the old problem of the lacking sidechain too.

Do you think OT had enough DSP power for that? It would take the whole device into the new level.

1 Like

I just want MIDI scenes and probability locks - that would be so cool. I would pay for such an update.

1 Like

No. It would be fabulous, but no.

I’d like, when track 8 is master, that you could still use master volume to tame the whole OT volume, not only from track 8…

Can’t you already do that?

Yes you can !

I wish Octatrack had 8 stereo tracks ! :grin:

I wish people had a brain.

1 Like

Tried today and cannot… Yes I’m new to OT but it seems I cannot…tomorrow I’ll try again

Road trip? Road trip!!! \o/

2 Likes

Hmm! It always works for me on a master track, if memory serves. I don’t think I’m misremembering that…

Though, a really quick trick is to hop into the mixer page and adjust the volume from there(also much easier to quickly mute tracks if you’re in freezedelay, slice, or chromatic mode!)

It works for me too, i checked.
Maybe you mistake Main volume and Headphones volume pot.
You can change Main volume from any selected track with Fn + Level.

1 Like