Octatrack + Digitone + iPad Ambient/Chill

I finally got enough together to try out this whole live set thing I’m trying to do. Is it perfect? Not even close, but I’m getting more and more ideas as I go.

" Well, here goes nothing. Been spending time working on this live chill/ambient set using the @weareelektron #digitone and #octatrack, along with @humbletune #strng, @audio.damage #phosphor and #continua, #drc, and #laplace, along with a bunch of iPad fx. The idea is to build a bunch of base parts (pads, bass, drums, etc) and then play (poorly sometimes, as you can see) some live stuff over it. The Octatrack sequences everything and sends program changes to the Digitone as each set of 4 patterns on the former is tied to one pattern on the latter, allowing the DN to simulate the kits of the #analogfour days (man I miss that). I have certain parameters mapped to the @wearenovation #remotesl for live tweaking and mixing. Lastly, to help with transitions, track 7 on the OT live records the two external synths and then the crossfader can transition between the recorded stuff and into the new. It’s rather groovy. Still a lot of work to do, but I wanted to share this with y’all."

5 Likes

Nice track man…
Made my cup of tea all the more relaxing!
Cheers.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m overly critical of myself when I do this sort of thing, so I’m glad to hear it’s not a total disaster. Hahah.

Sounds great ! I think Tom would approve !

Who’s Tom?