Octatrack crossfader fades

Apologies if this is already covered somewhere but I couldn’t find exactly what I meant so here goes

Ahem!

I am currently using the octatrack’s crossfader to glide between two similar samples… However, these transitions are far from seamless as the volume of A fades out towards the middle as does B

How do I / Is it possible to set up the octatrack’s crossfader to behave in such a way as to maintain the volume of A till it crosses over the middle and begin to dissipate as it crosses over towards B (and vicer verser). More like it would on a DJ mixer… Worded horribly but if anyone can work out what the hell I mean by that and knows a solution that would be amazing

Amp P06 XVol

Only visible when you hold down a Scene button.

A: Scene 01 | Track01 XVol = Max | Track 02 XVol = Min
B: Scene 09 | Track01 XVol = Min | Track 02 XVol = Max

8 Likes

*Edit @Rusty beat me to it^^

Use xvol.

4 Likes

Thats awesome thanks man

1 Like

I love this forum :stuck_out_tongue: Two comprehensive answers in under 10 minutes. I dont have the machine in front of me. The lad I play live with needed this sussed not me but keeps refusing to draft this question… However given that your answer is right out of the manual Im guessing its right on the money

Thanks again man

5 Likes

Always XVOL :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not always though.
XVol is keeping tails so it’s another reason why i was only using it until recently.
If you use CUE as a send FX it might be handy to use XLvl.
If you use XVol, you can’t separate the CUEd track from the audio track.

4 Likes

d[:content:]b

1 Like