Octatrack Crossfader Calibration

Hi all, so after four years or so away, I finally bought another Octatrack (this time the MK2). I fell right back into it and it felt like reuniting with an old friend…until about 2 hours into my first real use when I realized that the crossfader wasn’t moving the full range to the left. Some research here led me to booting up in Test Mode, which confirmed that the crossfader was stopping just shy of the full range (between trigs 14 and 15…also confusing was that moving the fader to the left causes the trigs to light up going the opposite direction and vise versa). What’s worse is that the crossfader stopped working entirely after booting into test mode, confirmed by the animation on the screen showing no movement (ie, it’s not an issue of assigning scenes or anything, since the fader animation in the UI should still show movement even with no assignments).

Is it possible something happened while it was in test mode? More importantly, is there a way to recalibrate the crossfader? What I’ve seen so far is saying to check the behavior in Test Mode and implying it can be fixed, but I’m not seeing any way to actually try recalibrating it myself. It was a new, factory sealed unit and I have already contacted the retailer regarding a return and replacement, but if possible I’d really prefer to get this unit working properly (especially since I’m taking some days off from work this week and was planning to get some real work done with the OT).

Also, hi…been a while since I’ve been around these parts because I’ve been focused on modular, but with getting a Digitone recently and now another OT I expect to be a more regular contributor around here again.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Calibration of scene crossfader?