Octatrack Black & other Elektrons - Made in Poland?

Or, at minimum, a bunch of sequences and samples from …

1 Like

For all whom it may concern, this is what @LoomieDarko meant:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxtnot8lY4U

<3

1 Like

SOMA Gear made in poland in EU division of the SOMA laboratory for EU and USA Market. For Russian Market SOMA made gear in Russia - VG Line company based in Moscow

3 Likes

This sounds about right!

Economically, the surface current still looks like the old model of Polish subcontracting, relatively cheaper labour and a slow clamber up the value chain. But it masks undertows of a new economic relationship in which Germany faces competition from its eastern back yard. A Polish-Finnish firm recently launched pioneering satellites with cloud-penetrating technology. The US army has just procured 10,000 Polish Manpad missiles (man-portable air-defence systems) after they proved more effective than American Stingers. The Polish army sourced nanosatellites newly invented by a local company. Some Polish start-ups, such as molecular diagnostics firms, are being sold for hundreds of millions of dollars. And the Polish electric car Izera will hit the market in 2026 with plans to produce 60% of components locally.

3 Likes

One thing that I like better about the original black boxes is that they are made in Sweden whereas the e25 boxes are made in Poland.

Some really high end stuff coming out of Poland in the audio / mastering world. Wouldn’t stress too much about it :slight_smile:
Looptrotter made in poland as well, Bettermaker, Hum audio etc

6 Likes

SOMA is also based there now I believe. Only products I’ve had issues with has been with Polyend and that came down to bad components and quality control.

2 Likes

I own a Bettermaker Mastering Limiter 2.0 and don’t mind build quality from Poland. I just really like when Elektron boxes are built in Sweden. I don’t plan on canceling my e25 Syntakt order over it.

1 Like

My Octatrack MK2 (bought 2022) is also made in Poland. So nothing new.

2 Likes

i feel that, especially for these special releases.

of all the e25’s the syntakt appeals the most to me.

would love one but prob will pass because im on a no gear diet until i finish an album lol

2 Likes

Can you elaborate on what is “better” on the machine when made n Sweden other then Made in Poland? Poland is home for Elektron factory / assembly for couple years already. I believe ever since OT was re-released in black. As mentioned above Vlad also moved Soma to Poland.

1 Like

Elektron is a Swedish company so I prefer buying Elektron gear that is built in Sweden when there is the option. Similarly, I prefer buying Fujifilm cameras that are built in Japan when there is the option. I also prefer buying Technics turntables and mushroom supplements made in Japan. I prefer to buy oranges from California as well.

2 Likes

But it’s been proven Florida oranges are better

1 Like

Okay, so apparently there are prejudices here about things that are built in Poland? Think about it deeper.

1 Like

Yeah, but there isn’t. I prefer my Bettermaker Limiter 2.0 to be made in Poland instead of someplace else.

It’s not made in Poland, or made in Sweden. If you aren’t aware of how hardware manufacturing works, components are all shipped in boxes from China to said country, and assembled in that country.

Poland, because it’s a central location in Europe (logistics) and they don’t have the euro, so you can still get away with paying people lower wage for the same work.

And it‘s all stardust anyways, so nothing matters…

Elektron is swedish and it is allowed to prefer it manufactured in sweden.

It would be unfortunate if the festivities turned into a debate about origins … please choose your words carefully … there is no need to make or stoke a drama over this fairly old ‘news’

9 Likes

The e25 sells for a premium price and is touted as being hand-built. I ordered one knowing it isn’t made in Sweden. I would’ve preferred for it to be made is Sweden. I think things made in Poland are fine.

1 Like