Octatrack and Wavedrum

Global version is better in almost every way.

However, I recommend using the headphone output as opposed to the actual outputs. On Global they have the ability to increase volume of main outs, but it still seems too thin to me. Not in a cold signal kind of way because you could fix that with boosting into a pre-amp, but it’s like there’s a rol-off of highs and lows. But Headphone out seems to sound better.

Just running though a MS-70CDR using it’s comp & reverb makes the thing sound amazing…

I’ve actually been working on a setup using LoopyHD+AUM+APC40 on my iPad for like months… It’s like a dodeca

2 Likes

Another example thru several presets, same principle.
At beginning, first 4 bars, you can hear the dry Amen Break played with OT crossfader, and just after, from snare rolls, it’s thru Wavedrum algos.

7 Likes

Super cool idea and execution. I have thought about get a McMillen Boppad to use for midi modulation/manipulaton, but you have gone a whole other level here.

1 Like

Had a BOP pad. It’s OK… But no where near as good as they advertised it woudl be. Position and pressure tracking is far to jittery to be usable. I bought 2 to use with Rytm to send Aftertouch based on position, etc. Jumps around too much so unless you’re after glitch music…

The nice thing about the WD is it’s basically a processed “acoustic” instrument, so there’s no midi latency, etc. and the sounds vary with how you play it, what you hit it with, etc. etc.

2 Likes

@sezare56 gets my vote for Mad Scientist of the Month for February.
:bar_chart::microscope::loud_sound::notes:
I love stuff like this…

2 Likes

Very impressed and inspired by this setup! Great work.

1 Like

excellent work!

1 Like

that is good to know. I don’t need a jittery controller :wink:

Did you post this mod to the Korgforums wavedrum subforum? Surely they’d be interested

There are some crazy hacks and mods there already, but few with somewhat detailed “i did this and this to achieve this [picture]” - I’d love to do a mod like yours on mine!

Why not. :slight_smile:
I’m busy and I have an MD since a few days so I’ll go back to Wavedrum later.

Can’t wait to try Wavedrum with Machinedrum !
I have to try MD + A4’s Multi Map before…
And paint my Global WD in black ! :thup:

2 Likes

Same for me… I purchased one but it was too glitchy and random (sensitivity wise)… I thought it was faulty actually.
Anyway I sent it back!