Octatrack amp envelope

One question guys :slight_smile:
Is just me or the amplifier envelope on Octatrack is shit?
I mean I took a drum sample and put it in MPC, Octatrack and ESX and only in octatrack sounds shit :frowning:
I love the machine but is there a better way to implement the amp envelope, apart from the attack/hold/release page in Octa??
Thanks a lot!!

Did anyone else played the same sample in comparison with the Octa using the amp envelope?

OT amp/env always seemed pretty ‘standard’ to me? What specifically don’t you like about it?

Try this kick in octatrack and also load it in other sampler and see for yourself if it sounds the same just playing it and then using the envelope of both Octa and the other sampler.
https://we.tl/L7oxxAaLjf

No one?

Will check it out on my SP-505 and a few other methods once I get home from work. I personally havent noticed any issues with sound quality.

What exactly am I going to be listening for? Not very descriptive on the actual problem.

1 Like

Well like I said, it sounds like with very small artifacts, kind of noisey to say and not tight , punchy compared to the mpc and esx. And the envelops do not help at all…

i bet you screwed something up with the timestretching settings

3 Likes

Yeah, I can’t say enveloppe is that bad. Bad settings ?

Just tried out piece of garbage sp-505. direct monitor, and OT… As long as gain staging is good all sounded fine, nothing out of the ordinary…

Amp Settings: Atk-1 / Hld-Inf / Rel-1 / Vol/Bal - Mid

I always add the smallest atk/rel as possible at the very least. Sharp releases and attacks can cause artifacts in the wrong places. This sample shouldn’t make a difference being 0’d out front and back so far.

This guy tried too and felt the same thing… https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/1158030-octatrack-amp-envelope.html

@shinobi Can you record examples for comparison ?

did you turn the timestretching off?

1 Like

I did

Interesting enough is that when I load the same sample in ESX sau Live doesn t give me any clicks or noises, but it does in Octa when I try to mess with the envelopes :frowning:

Does this happen if loaded straight to a new empty project?

That s what I did

Strange. No idea at the moment. I for myself can only say, whenever I had issues with samples sounding different in the OT, it was because of the timestretching. Otherwise they all sound identical in the OT compared to Ableton, and I use the Amp envelope a lot.

2 Likes