Octatone merging

Well fudge that. To bad there’s no way to lock sound pool sounds via midi cc.

You can play Soundpool sounds with Multi Map (and record them I guess).

You can also plock CCs on OT.

2 Likes

But can CCs control soundpools? I have to look into multimap. I’ve never used it before.

Midi notes suffice.

If you want to modify default track sounds parameters, you can plock corresponding CCs on OT.

2 Likes

What do you mean by MIDI notes will suffice? I know about plocking via MIDI. Basically, the area on which my knowledge is lacking is OT recording/looping/etc, deeper DN control via OT, and DN multimap. I’ll do some research and come back eventually with more knowledge and questions.

Guys. I just discovered OT T1 has to share DN’s auto channel in order to xfade Operator B. Can anyone confirm that and tryout please? I am not quite sure of what I’m writing but I’ve tried to set other channels to be DN’s slave and the DN didn’t react to those CC messages anymore, but on OT T1 only.

OT crossfader CC48 is sent with the lowest audio track midi channel not shared with a midi track channel. :smile: Not in the manual.

By default, it is channel 1 on track 1, but if you set a midi track with channel 1, CC48 is set to channel 2, and so on.
If Track 8 has the lowest midi channel, 3 for example, channel 3 will be used. It is not directly related to OT T1.

Auto channel can be used to control any active track. So if these 2 channels correspond, you should be able to control OpB.

If someone understood, please tell me. :joy:

5 Likes

Multi Map actions are controlled by midi notes only.
It can be used to play all soundpool sounds, change patterns, transpose them…

2 Likes

Well hot damn. Guess I have some learning to do.

1 Like

Yes I noticed this pattern as well.

Kind of neat if you just want one track to be changed though!

Here is a 1 minute example for those curious in the thread “what could this possibly sound like”

Also to not make it too confusing…the pitch is being changed internally on the OT while the B operator is being changed as well. Really makes 3 tracks come to life!

1 Like

This happened to me where my fader was changing the pitch And some other settings of the kick when I was just trying to throw down some Fx.

1 Like

Happy accidents are the best!

1 Like

1 Like

Hey have you sent the OT midi arp to DN while its doing an Arp ? I couldn’t get it to work right lol I basically broke my DN arp and could only do one at a time , also when I mapped DN FM synth Params to the OT CCs when I turn the knob for B ratio it skips tons of ratio values and makes it impossible to fine tune.also I was using turbo mode midi loop back if that helps.

Yeah kind of !
So I believe there is the same joke with Midi notes going from DN
… See @tnussb when I said that rand0m sh*t happens, that’s what I’m talking about! I’ve never seen anywhere this golden info and it’s great to know it when stuck in a MIDI loop for one week ahaha merci

1 Like

A note can be lost if there is too much midi data, eventually midi feedback.

1 Like

@sezare56 I think my issue is the same, my MIDI notes (i mainly want 63th, DN’sD#5) are dropped so they can’t reach OT. I believe it has to do with what you said

But with other channels and other tracks, I felt lucky when it worked : I’ve had the correct channels and tracks sending the right notes at the good time and I’ve written it was working, we are almost there!!!

Sorry to say it has nothing to do with CC48. This message is sent, you want to receive a note. Once again you can’t decipher midi problems doing many things at the same time.
You don’t follow @tnussb and my advices.
You can spend the whole year searching if you continue like that! :content:
Midi is not a random thing.

DN midi out > OT midi in ONLY!
If it works properly, add PROGRESSIVELY other connections, settings, and check at every step if it’s still works.

4 Likes

No, I know CC and Notes are different, Midi tracks and Audio tracks are too… I was just sayin the problem could be on the same scale, like for example DN only sends Notes at a special track. Because I was talking about OT’s audio tracks : audio T1 has to match DN’s autochannel in my case, to correctly arrange CC value 48, op’B.

I am following your advice, and I’m trying to filter the maximum, and as I said, i will post the whole process once I 100% figure it out, because I’ve never seen this setup somewhere else so far… :stuck_out_tongue:

Never tried Arpception before but good to know it doesn’t work great :rofl:

2 Likes