OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

FOUND IT!

a

1 Like

Stuff, things, no? :smiley_cat:

1 Like

shrugs It does one or two things; hopefully useful things. And well, now you know what the future holds.

1 Like

Obviously the contents are private and not for public consumption. Thanks.

v1.2.000 Is currently in ā€œOpen Betaā€ā€¦

If you are existing user and are interested in playing around with it, just ping me a message.

2 Likes

OctaEdit will be temporarily unavailable for sale for a little while.

Some big news very shortly, watch this spaceā€¦

Existing user?

Got an email via WeTransfer? Yes it is legit.

No? Youā€™ll get one soon enough.

2 Likes

Interestingā€¦ Looking forward to seeing what this is Rusty.

Anymore news on this Rusty?

Iā€™m going to be pushing out a new Beta / potential Release Candidate in the next day or two.

Iā€™ve decided to withhold OctaEdit from sale temporarily as itā€™s a very big update. There are about four very large reasons why; and involves tens of thousands of lines of code and about a thousand UI elements.

The changes affects both current and potential users, hence the moratorium.

Iā€™d like to say a week or two at most, Iā€™m crunching long days, so not long now. :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

OctaEdit v1.1.152 Beta is now availableā€¦

So whats in the Beta?

• New Samples Module.
  • New Arranger Module.
  • New Audio Finder Module.
  • A whole bunch of other stuff, tweaks, enhancements, code tightening etc.

Pretty pictures of course, because we all like thoseā€¦

New Samples Module in Samples mode

New Samples Module in Slices mode

New Arranger Module

New Audio Finder Module

6 Likes

Hello @Rusty ,

Been preparing some sets on the octatrack and was wondering if there was any way I can get my hands on Octaedit now (donā€™t have it yet). It would make life much easier! Thanks.

Hi new OT user, any chance I can have a look at the beta also Rusty?

Dear rusty,

You are killing any reason iā€™m telling myself why i dont need the octatrackā€¦

Why do i want to buy octatrack now ?

Good luck

Youā€™ll have to wait till the v1.2 Release Iā€™m afraid.

Well itā€™s an open beta / release candidate for existing usersā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve decided to withhold OctaEdit from sale temporarily, as there is a very big update coming out shortly.

v1.2 introduces three new modules; which involves tens of thousands of lines of code and about a thousand UI components. A big updateā€¦ scroll up for some pretty screenshots.

The changes affects both current and potential users, hence the moratorium.

As an FYI, Iā€™ve got one major thing Iā€™m working through at the moment, but it is quite complicated. When I finish that then there should be another announcement shortly thereafter / be available again.

Iā€™d like to say a week or two at most, depending on feedback; Iā€™m crunching 18 hour days, but itā€™s tricky.

3 Likes

Ah I see, no problem

Any Feature Requests for v1.2?

the interface is lovely although would like a user option for the menu to change the highlight colour of the red text to be purple

1 Like

Arranger coming? If so, what can be done?