OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

Would love a setup guide and quick walk through. Would help reduce confusion when you first get the app and jump in…

2 Likes

If by “Setup” you mean installtion, there is an installation manual…

If you mean an overview / introduction / quick guide to the modules, that is on the list.

No not install…
I mean just a video in which you hook up octatrack and walk us thorough your creation show of your Aussie accent… Not to long just go through sections and how you use them. Then plonk it on Youtube so people can see the dynamic workflow that it brings to the octatrack…

2 Likes

Sorry, just wanted to clarify :slight_smile:

What Aussie accent?

Buy yeah, will “try” and do a bit of an overview of the different Modules… \o/

1 Like

Always glad to be able to support the efforts of hard workers in whatever ways I can. Being a coder and having done a fair amount of reverse engineering on sysex,OSes, hardware, etc I know the kind of effort and amount of frustration that goes into something like this editor.

Congrats on walking the walk.

3 Likes

wat

Give or take a wee bit, six minute blocks and all that jazz.

1 Like

Loading and Saving

3 Likes

Really crazy to hear this, considering the scale. Hell, the scale of the manual! :smiley:

nice, thanks!
I would like to see more on the manager, how to copy, samples, projects, parts, scenes etc.!
thanks,
Ties

1 Like

OctaEdit Arp Designer

4 Likes

OctaEdit LFO Designer

4 Likes

OctaEdit Library and Copy/Paste

3 Likes

Hi Rusty!
One thing eludes me, when working with OctaEdit, can you hear the results as you go, or is it all done on faith?

Thanks!

There is a built in sample player function across various tools that you can switch on and off.

Not sure if you can audition arps though (against your PC/MAC midi default for example.) Nice idea if it’s not there already :+1:

3 Likes

[quote=“mkdsl, post:1002, topic:4742, full:true”]
One thing eludes me, when working with OctaEdit, can you hear the results as you go, or is it all done on faith?[/quote]

[quote=“mokomo, post:1003, topic:4742”]
There is a built in sample player function across various tools that you can switch on and off.[/quote]

@mkdsl… what @mokomo said :slight_smile:

Theres a global Play/Loop option on the toolbar, so when you click on a sample in the Samples / Manager / Chainer etc it plays back the sample.

No, not really. Could do, maybe… but then that raises a whole host of other scenarios… I’d love to say that if you ask nicely, I’ll consider it; but the answer is probably not…

3 Likes

It plays back the original sample as is, or plays the track content (trig parameters such as pitch, retrig, lfos, fx whatnot)?
Also midi information in patterns can’t be previewed/heard?

I guess thats threading OB territory, but mu projects are so full of all sorts of stuff that it is almost impossible to organize them without hearing the content (as it, not just the sample allocations).

Thanks!

I think having the OT right next to you when working on OE is mandatory, we can’t ask Rusty for a OT software engine, can we? Ah ah, but I also think it’s difficult to see what’s there when you tweak stuff on OE. When using it the other day to rearrange my parts and patterns within a project, I could not say if I was moving the right pattern, had to have faith in what I was doing, and to rely heavily on regularly checking on the OT himself, and use a pen and paper.

A bit harsh, but as it allows IMPOSSIBLE tasks on the OT I think it’s not a big deal!

…nnnice :relaxed:

OctaEdit Chainer

2 Likes