OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

The “loop” is going to get very interesting… :wink:

That’s really good news, Rusty.

This will also speed my transition to El Capitan.[/quote]

As an FYI… My development platform is a Mac running OSX 10.11 El Capitan, available OSX versions are:

• 10.9 Mavericks
  • 10.10 Yosemite
  • 10.11 El Capitan

Below that you won’t be able to run OctaEdit. Note that I haven’t done any serious testing on 10.9 or 10.10 just yet…

Oh… I’m just getting started… buckle in :wink:

Thanks for the info. I will be trying it out on 10.9 Mavericks.

Thanks for the info. I will be trying it out on 10.9 Mavericks.[/quote]
Make sure you grab v0.0.601

Cross-platform, no wine, you just sparked my interest in opening my wallet. Well done!

compatible with recycle ?

As in import REX files? No

Just got the email message that it’s OSX friendly now. Thanks Rusty. There goes my weekend. I have a 6 pack, a pack of Dunhills, and a desire to make music :joy:

Thanks Great update !!
Was not using it because i am using OSX and had some problem with Wine but this update seems great.

Anything to keep the OSX kids happy :wink:

Got forum issues thanks to provider, who are being stupid about things… very, very frustrating… might have to put my web developer hat on and fix their problems…

Any questions / issues / support, ping me a pm here or on Facebook.

No more Wine :smiley:

Wine was causing me annoyances as well, especially with the release of El Capitan… shakes head

Its actually a complete rewrite on a different computer, in a different IDE, in a different language… hence the quietness over christmas, and why I’m rolling out the “new” modules one by one.

1 Like

whaaat!? no more wine!? :sob: :joy:

48 hours and a dozen emails later, their “engineers” finally figured out what the problem was… despite me telling them a dozen times exactly the issue, cause and resolution… I’m going to go cry.

I haven’t found much info on how to connect Octaedit. Do i need a MIDI interface? Or will it work with the USB connection? I am not sure because I read that the Octatracks USB port doesn’t do any Midi, it only connects the card reader.

Also I have zero interest in putting OT tracks together on my computer screen. The single one function in Octaedit that I am interested in is moving banks between projects. The price is very steep for just that. But I guess it is without alternative?

If you are working on the Octatrack directly, USB Connection.

Or if you are working on your computer, um, no connection necessary obviously.

OSX Finally!
Gonna buy that thing very soon.

You should see the next update :astonished: :confused: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hopefully not far away now…

If you are working on the Octatrack directly, USB Connection.

Or if you are working on your computer, um, no connection necessary obviously.[/quote]
Ok, but I still don’t get it. Is Octaedit basically just editing the files on my CF card? Or is it communicating with my OT via MIDI over USB and directly editing the settings I see on the OT and my edits on the OT are directly reflected in Octaedit?
Also it looks like the Manager Module for moving banks isn’t available in the OSX build yet, correct?

one more question: i have to say i find not very reassuring that there’s no imprint, no tax id, not even a country of origin or a full name on the page.
no offense but i have made very bad experiences in the past with supporting independent developers who later turned out to be fraudulent. paypal buyer protection is not very helpful there because it doesn’t cover software products. so it is a basic requirement for me to know who i am doing business with and in europe it is even required by law to include an imprint. why not post any of that information?

also the page doesn’t say what the price includes. like which updates? does it even include v1 once it’s out?

Everything is done in memory. You load your Set and its Projects from your computer or your Octatrack when its in USB mode.

When you save your Set / Project, at that point in time it is being written from memory to your computer/Octatrack.

It is not communicating via midi.

Correct. The next release will include the Manager module… and some new / exciting stuff which is why there is a slight delay with the release.

No offense taken.

I have no legal requirement to do so, and I choose not to, so I don’t, simple as that.

I’d hope if I was fraudulent and trying to scam money out of people I’d be able come up with an easier get rich quick scheme then making a very complicated software editor for the most complicated piece of music hardware, no? :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly, I’d say that you sound quite risk adverse / once bitten, twice shy, and that is perfectly understandable.

I would say that maybe what is best for you is to wait for the v1 release, and then at that point in time you can see exactly what OctaEdit offers, be able to appraise user feedback and reviews, have full documentation et al, and be confident I haven’t disappeared to somwhere in the Caribbean, lying on a beach sipping piña coladas with my ill gotten gains.