OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

^^ @MacroX Your one of those cats I guess?

1 Like

good morninā€™, rustyā€¦hero of private codingā€¦

i heavily use the ot since yearsā€¦but most times on stage ONLYā€¦which is a pity, i knowā€¦
a pity because, if i say on stage only, it means, more than half of itā€™s capabilities of sonic safari bliss is pretty much untouched yet and stillā€¦most stuff i do with it worx more just as an elegant way to avoid computers in a show for meā€¦so lotā€™s of simple playbacking stems hereā€¦via many one shot trigsā€¦arming and disarming are the most used knob on mineā€¦some scene magicā€¦but believe it or notā€¦in most cases itā€™s all just static machines businessā€¦meets slice aroundsā€¦and thatā€™s pretty much itā€¦really time to move on for meā€¦
so ur octaedit is defenitly a big thing to meā€¦
i got mk1ā€™sā€¦ but also a mk2 pretty soon to comeā€¦second mk1 is nothing but a stage back upā€¦
i joined ur forum cake this morningā€¦under the same user name as hereā€¦and hope to hear from u soon via mailā€¦but my concerns are, that specially when iā€™m touring i have only an actual macbook with me that is running latest os high sierraā€¦will that work with with octaedit?..because a few weeks back, night before a premiere i had quite some trouble loading up the ot via usb cā€¦only calling cenk got me out of that panic situation and made it work properly again as iā€™m used to know it all the years before with my older pro macbooks, which are not with me on tour anymoreā€¦so i hope for the option of avoiding too much ot display twiddling with ur software, since my eyes got not better with the years, while managing, octaediting so to say, full on, all just with my small actual macbook, back and forth, in and outā€¦would make me happy big timeā€¦iā€™m all in if u just tell me, no problem with any actual mac os to comeā€¦

So far, so goodā€¦

Maybe wait till the official v2 release? OctaEdit all appears to be working fine on High Sierra, but Iā€™m concentrated on beta testing / polishing everything off at the moment, rather then checking compatibility of the current version.

That would be specific to your Mac and the Octatrack, no? The Octatrack can be a bit fussy with plugin orders and USB connections, both on OSX and Windows

Canā€™t guarantee that. Who knows what changes Apple will make in the future?

2 Likes

ā€¦thanx for responseā€¦and no matter whatā€¦i gonna join ur coding cake pretty soon nowā€¦and get me octaedit v2 once ur really done with it for sureā€¦
and yup, that connection failure was all just usb c troubleā€¦the ot just didā€™nt show up as a device on the desktop as usualā€¦but we sorted that out alreadyā€¦
am i correct to assume, that i can use a common cv card reader to proceed with ur software and then just put those preprepared cv cards into any otā€¦?..so the otā€™s do not really have to be usb connected to the computer at any time anymore if i donā€™t explitly whish to do so ā€¦?

Does OctaEdit work if not connected to the Octatrack?

Yes.

OctaEdit doesnā€™t care where a Set/Projects are. On the Octatrack, external card reader, or on your desktop.

All works the same.

3 Likes

ā€¦thatā€™s great newsā€¦thanxā€¦
same with the ot os?..meaning, i can really preprepare any new card to full extend, including os and any kind of octaedit module games i gonna come up with for later use in any ot?

Sorry, I donā€™t quite understand the question?

ā€¦letā€™s say i got an actual ot os downloadedā€¦put that in ur octaeditā€¦prepare some cool stuff within ur software, drop all that to a fresh cv card and there i goā€¦take that card, put it in the ot and get started right awayā€¦?

Nothing to stop you creating a New Project from scratch in OctaEdit, doing anything and everything in it, then just put on the Octatrack and away you go.

4 Likes

I get the impression people think itā€™s some kind of emulator of an octatrack,

Itā€™s a powerful librarian to support the editing , streamline some of the functions and enable you to use pc/Mac to edit things , and do many convenient things that being on a computer with big screen can offer .
itā€™s not going to load up your files and play them back on a computer ( I.e you do not need oktatrack os file , perhaps you meant project or set ? )

Or I may be misunderstanding some of the questions on here , maybe I shouldnā€™t rely , best for rusty to deal with.

1 Like

ā€¦yup, u doā€¦iā€™m completly aware of the fact that octaedit is not an octatrackā€¦just a pretty smart helping hand to itā€¦which is quite a big deal alreadyā€¦thanx to rustyā€¦

3 Likes

Just purchased OctaEdit. Thanks so much for making it available again. Iā€™ll register to beta test v2 later today. Yay!

2 Likes

Hello
Has the familyā€™s health recovered?
I joined Beta, but I do not have any news, so I ask my regards.

No, Iā€™m afraid not. My days are spent in different ways at the moment :expressionless:

1 Like

Best wishes for brighter days in life soon, Rusty

Would have been a pleasure, but I canā€™t. Too much great concerts here. NANTES

1 Like

We all know youā€™re such a midi file karaoke addict!

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the karaoke scene like these days in Nantes?

1 Like

I_ have a quick question about OctaEdit. Iā€™ve been learning my OT for the last year. Love it, but now I have about 8 or 9 different programs with different samples that I would love to be able to take the best banks out of and make one live set. Is something like this possible? I should have the money to buy OctaEdit in the next couple of weeksā€¦And my main problem right now with the OT is organization.
Thanx _

That is exactly what the Manager module is for.

The Manager module.

The Manager module provides the ability to copy ā€œElementsā€ from a Source Set/Project to a Target Set/Project.

Elements can be copied at the Project, Bank, Pattern, Track, Part or Scene level, from any Project in any Set to any other Project in any other Set, and includes the ability to remap sample assignments on the fly.

Boasting a feature set that is way too long to list, with just a couple of clicks entire sets can be merged together seamlessly, meaning you never have to worry about the Octatrack structure ever again.

6 Likes