OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

So having 1.31, can we test OE V1 or do we have to downgrade to 1.30?

1 Like

Should all work except for editing MicroTiming and Trig Counts. Trig Conditions are not supported obviously.

4 Likes

@Rusty

Thanks for making V1 available! Just bought a copy and getting my hands on it!

3 Likes

Stupid question , will Octaedit V1 work fine for OT MKII ?

The OS is the same on both MkI and MkII (Well, apart from OS1.31 with the MkII unique screen dimming)

With OSv1.30 / OSv1.31; editing of Step Details [ Micro Timing, Trig Counts and Conditional Locks ] are not supported; but are/will be for v2.

As above / the OctaEdit page; best wait for v2 if in no rush / which is what I would advise.

5 Likes

Ty rusty ! I donā€™t mind waiting for that awesomeness ! Also I just read the important notes on the purchase page of V1 right after I posted that question lol :joy:
ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€” p.s. hope you find a good job soon , I work at a gas station and do some web development classes on my computer at work xD but atleast it feeds the kitties ! Just donā€™t buy cat food here itā€™s spendy ! :cat:

Hi, are there any reported problems for Mac OS 10.14.6?
Octaedit just keeps crashingā€¦

Edit: Will pick up via email / Iā€™ll ping you a message and pick it up.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, Rusty. I have emailed you! :slight_smile:

Hello, i have just buy the software and Iā€™m having exactly this same issue that arcana had.

Nothing happens when i click in ā€œOpen Setā€ in v1.5.700 , in my case is macOS 10.13.6.

Maybe the problem is that im using the PayPal ID as serial? i canā€™t find any other number that can be a serial in all the buy process.

Thank you

No serial/licence; I just woke up / will send you an email shortly.

3 Likes

Oh! sorry, didnā€™t know it. Thanks!

For some reason Iā€™ve never been able to click on Open Set or anything on 1.5.700, no drop down menus or anything, almost like the button doesnā€™t work, I do have my license information and key imported too, on Windows 10 1909.

Iā€™ll ping you a pm so I can sanity check at my end with your data.

1 Like

Oh, it looks very interesting! Well done.

I dream of another app though :smiley: maybe somebody would be motivated if it is doable. My coding skills are too limited unfortunatelyā€¦

Would it be possible to develop a plug in (for Ableton Live for exemple), to record the 8 tracks simultaneously on 8 tracks in Live.

Or just like with the Digitakt and Overbridge?

Yes it is possible.

Yes I have already developed it.

Started life as OctaBounceā€¦ ended up morphing to be something quite different.

16 Likes

Woaattt. Epic.

2 Likes

To be clear, this isnā€™t realtime is it? You can do it by recording MIDI messages and then sending them back to the OT with some extra steps along the way. I started writing something to do this in JS using the Web MIDI API, but itā€™s in very early stages. There are some issues I came across such as the need to solo tracks one by one, which overrides non-arrangement-mode mutes. I thought a workaround might involve sending track level via MIDI or something, but that is problematic for various reasons. I only ever reached early stages with this, but plan on picking it up again soon. Are you planning to release yours at any point

Very much looking forward to OctaEdit v2 by the way!

@kritzkom you can do it in ableton, but there are some caveats. I actually have an ableton project file that does it, and Iā€™ve fully documented the process. Just need to get around to posting it all somewhere.

1 Like

Wow sounds great! I hope you can share on version soon :slight_smile:
@Rusty is your OctaBounce already somewhere to download/try/buy?

Very good news anyways!

Recording? All real time. I basically developed a DAW.

13 Likes