OctaEdit - Octatrack Software Editor and Librarian [ OSX / Windows ]

I also wanted to express my deep interest. Awesome work !

Not usable, sorry.

I have a couple of little issue I am working on that affect both modules.

1 Like

big love from down here too. still a happy V1 user… and wont update my OT until OEv2 comes along for the ride. looking forward to 2023 for that hopefully :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I’m preeeeetty sure you don’t have any doubts about legitimate, paid interest in OctaEdit 2 considering it appears like you’ve been perpetually inundated with v1 sales or v2 beta requests for years now. That said, here’s another +2 instabuys (one for the friend that sold me one of his mki’s) whenever that day comes.

On a side note, I appreciate the obvious care you’re putting into this @Rusty (and in my experience with things like this, it ABSOLUTELY shows and pays off in the final product - however long it takes to do right is however long I’d prefer it to take!), but every time I come across a bump in this thread I am particularly in awe of your dedication and insane persistence with this project!

I for one thank you for both.

1 Like

Is there any way to download betas currently for OctaEdit or MDedit ?

Afraid not:

OctaEdit: Only for existing users.

MDEdit: Out of date now thanks to the excellent work done by the [redacted] team. I have jsut upgraded to X.07 today, so needs an overhaul; and I have a small beta group for that.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I’m very excited to use these when they become available.

1 Like

Deeply, essentially, organically, attractively, brutally more than interested as well :wink:

Also interested to buy beforehand if it can help the project and give feedback about beta. I switched to Mac with in my head the idea i could access this kind of gem one day (was on Linux before).

1 Like

I’ve been watching and waiting for this for a long time, once it’s ready for release you can’t expect and instant buy from my as well.

Also it’s great to see regular updates on the project it’s rare too see that for indie developers so it’s great to see.

Can’t wait until it’s done and available for purchase

4 Likes

Autocorrect issue? :wink:

1 Like

Lol yea sorry let me correct:

*you can expect an instant buy from my asswell

1 Like

No bug reports?

:open_mouth:

I had best get v2 finished so you can update your OT then?

8 Likes

Update: OctaEdit v1.8.600 OSX Beta Version

Whats New?

OSX v1.8.600 Beta build. Windows to follow.

Samples Module: Quite/very buggy though… fixes, changes/enhancements etc.

Notes:

OSX: No Chainer module.
Windows: No Samples or Chainer modules.

Compatibility:

OSX 10.9 and above only
Windows 7 and above only
Octatrack MkI & MkII
Octatrack OSv1.40 and above only
10 Likes

Just here to say my finger is on the “buy” button

Been waiting for this release and in support of you Rusty for a long time. Instant buy from me too. Thanks so much in advance :slight_smile:

Excitedly waiting as well!

Update: OctaEdit v1.8.650 OSX Beta Version

Whats New?

OSX v1.8.650 Beta build. Windows to follow.

Samples Module: Number of fixes, changes/enhancements etc. Fixes up some memory usages, fixed up process flows around Samples / Slices / Samples Add, etc.

Notes:

OSX: No Chainer module.
Windows: No Samples or Chainer modules.

Compatibility:

OSX 10.9 and above only
Windows 7 and above only
Octatrack MkI & MkII
Octatrack OSv1.40 and above only
10 Likes

OctaEdit is available because cats keep asking for it.

Important

OctaEdit v1 is currently available because I regularly get asked for it; but please take the following information into account before purchasing:

OctaEdit v1 is for sale, but is no longer in active development. There will be no further changes to this version.

OctaEdit v2 is in active development but not yet available for sale. (However, beta builds are included in the download for v1).

Due to my focus on v2 amongst other commitments (i.e. my day job), I am unable to provide my usual level of support to new users right now, and any bug fixes, feature requests, or support inquiries for v1 will more than likely be unsupported; so please take this into account. (This is because most of these will have already been fixed in or added to v2).

Please check the purchase page FAQ and feel free to ask me any questions before purchasing if you are unsure of anything.

If you are waiting on the official v2 release, my advice is to wait for that.

Any questions? Ask first.

OctaEdit Compatibility:

OctaEdit Compatibility

13 Likes

Are there still people out there still on 1.31? Not sure people asking to buy V1 understood that it won’t be compatible with latest firmwares…

Yes, there is.

There is a pretty picture in the post above you, as well as on site (with text as well); I mean, it’s pretty clear to me…

1 Like