OctaChainer v1.3_

Using Windows 10, default laptop audio (Conexant Smart Audio HD), is anyone not getting audio playback from the play preview in OC1.3?

Anything I ought to be checking? Other audio plays fine.

i even uninstalled the drivers and went back to the HD Audio provided by MSFT.

Hi everyone,
First of all thanks @sezare56 for making this!

Im having trouble using the megabreak mode. I got to make it work just perfectly once, preparing the sample chains with no effort.
Now I’m trying again with some similar loops, but I’m getting inconsistent slicing. One of the slices length is zero, used to be slice 16 and now its 3, which means that one of the positions of the slider produces no sound or just short farts.
I’ve tried a lot of different stuff to make sure it wasnt my fault or that the OT was somehow mixing up ot files with whatever is in memory, but to no success.
I’ll give it a couple more shots, but if feel like it might be a bug.

I’ve uploaded the original files and the output of octachainer so someone can check it out.

Thx in advance!
Anyone encountered the same problem?

Now its acting differently, its trimming the ends of the files so the lenght of the loop when i load it in OT is 1.87 instead of 2 bars. Just in case this is relevant.

Hi. Making what?! @Abhoth did Octachainer! :content:

Equal length samples? (Required)
Above 16 samples and / or 16 slices it seems to be buggy.

2 Likes

My bad. Thanx @Abhoth!

All samples are the same length and there are only 16 of them.

1 Like

Hi, just came across a new update for the great Octachainer app, here’s the link:

12 Likes

Nice! I gave up on it because couldn’t drag and drop and had a few bugs, might try again

I was actually going to use the older OctaChainer today :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link!

I can’t imagine not having Octachainer. I haven’t run into any problems with the previous version but nice to see an update. Many thanks to the dev for this essential tool.

1 Like

Nice. Thanks @roadmoviemusic and of course @Abhoth who updated his firmware.

Megabreak fixed, yes…

Listen to their album “Comfort in the Echo” or follow Tic Tic on Facebook.

6 Likes

1.3.1 not working for me on MacOS 10.13, instant app crash when I click create :frowning:

1.3.0 working fine for exactly the same task!

edit:maybe because I’m using non-OT specific settings, eg. 120 slice mono chain

1 Like

Hello everyone, I haven’t been around for quite a while, but nice seeing you again. :slight_smile:

I have only access to a Catalina MBP, so not sure what OSes the mac version runs on. If there are issues with older OSes I’ll see what I can do to fix it.

I was able to create a 120 slice chain in gridmode on my machine, but only with “create .ot file” unchecked. It shouldn’t have been able to have that checked with more than 64 slices in the first place. Don’t know if that was your issue, @djenzyme? (thanks for the bug report over at the blog, btw)

5 Likes

I’m currently using non Octatrack specific settings, not what I usually use but these same settings work OK in 1.3.0.

I’ll test some Octatrack chains and let you know the results :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for this! all is working, preview and drag and drop on windows 10

5 Likes

Same here actually on Linux version. At first use i got a WAV which sounded like artifacts then crashing as soon i clicked on Create.
Had to use the Windows version on Wine.

I keep getting a bug when I try and type a value into the BPM or gain field, anyone else having this issue? Will it mess things up if I just change these values in the OT editor?

I couldn’t download from the link. Dropbox, a folder, no download possible?
Edit : Solved. I didn’t have access to direct download menu because of a bad wifi connection. Spent almost an hour on this !

1 Like

Sorry for the stupid question, but do you have to have a Dropbox account to download this? Can’t seem to figure out how to install it on my GF’s computer.

Which Os?

Windows 10