OctaChainer v1.2

Every other program in the known universe works on my computer, and all the audio files are also perfectly compatible with my many audio apps. I typically use Reaktor, Max, and Samplitude, all much more sophisticated programs. So why OctaChainer fails to produce a WAV file is beyond me. Version 1.2 and 1.3 exactly the same… the resulting WAV is only 44 bytes, presumably the stub of the header.

I didn’t do anything special in the installation, simply put the unzipped folder somewhere convenient. No errors are reported.

Besides the primary concatenation function, I noticed that Play does not work. This doesn’t bother me.

Besides drag and drop, another nice feature would be a way to select and remove multiple files. Because once there are 64 added, removing them individually is tedious. Currently it’s quicker to close and reopen the app.

I don’t use any other feature of the octachainer except to create wav files for my samplers, so it’s just me being to lazy to want to delete the ot file :blush:

edit, thats good to know, I guess i thought I was limited to my usage not owning the octatrack (yet)

Octachainer is some amazing straightforward software and I appreciate that its freely available.

2 Likes

Did you tried it with something like 16 samples?

I have tried 2, 4, 16, etc. Really have rung the changes on this one! Using the equal slice method at the moment. Works fine for me at this time.

1 Like

the octachainer is great it’s so helpful and time saving !!
but I’m having a problem it’s not playing the slices within the app,
If want to delete certain slices I can’t check which ones I want to delete
Is anyone else have this problem…?
I’m using version 1.3 … windows 10

I’m having the same problem. Not much of an issue for me, but I can see why it would be annoying. One thing I’d appreciate is the ability to select more than one sample in the list to enable faster removal, as it is removing one sample at a time, or opening and closing the program to clear the list is a bit of a frustration.

1 Like

Still working out fine for me, and on Catalina to boot. Kind of amazing.

Just made a load of fresh chains for my OT’s static slot list.

Yea, it’s a little clunky, but for the price it gets the job done quite well. :thup:

2 Likes

I use this tool alot. Thanks so much Abhoth. If you are around Frankfurt, Germany, I’ll get you drunk.

If only there was an option in AR for setting the used chain length so each step skips exactly one sample, it would be perfect working with samplechains.

2 Likes