OctaChainer v1.0 uploaded - a tool for sample chains

We both reverse engineered it. It isn’t hard to do since you already know what the file should contain. Change one parameter on the OT that you know is in the file, compare the before and after to see what changed, then do the same with the next, etc.[/quote]
cheers - I’ve reverse engineered more readable files (not binary), but at least when(if) I give it a go i’ll not be wasting my time if Elektron were in fact prepared to serve up some instructions (which we know isn’t likely) :+1:

We both reverse engineered it. It isn’t hard to do since you already know what the file should contain. Change one parameter on the OT that you know is in the file, compare the before and after to see what changed, then do the same with the next, etc.[/quote]
Speak for yourself. I code the same way I ride my motorbike, close my eyes and hope for the best.

Speak for yourself. I code the same way I ride my motorbike, close my eyes and hope for the best.[/quote]
:smiley:

I plan to upload the source code for OctaChainer when I have added the features I currently have in mind for it. So you can see the .ot file layout then. If you need it before that I think I mentioned the general file structure somewhere in this thread a while back.

Seems to be working out great so far!

I plan to upload the source code for OctaChainer when I have added the features I currently have in mind for it. So you can see the .ot file layout then. If you need it before that I think I mentioned the general file structure somewhere in this thread a while back.[/quote]
oops - you did indeed, note to self RTFT ! cool
no rush for me, just curiosity, but i think i like the sound of a distracting little challenge whilst i have more important things i should be doing, not that preserving precious RAM isn’t important - cheers