OctaChainer v1.0 uploaded - a tool for sample chains

hey, thanks a ton for this, it’s awesome!
one little thing though
on some chains I’ve made, there’s several slices missing, leaving just sliced silence… any idea what might be causing the trouble?
thanks!

actually, it seems like choosing 24bit instead of 16bit solves the problem :slight_smile:

Hmm, sounds like a bug I haven’t spotted. I’ll look into it. Thanks for letting me know.

Big thumbs up Abhoth for creating and sharing this great tool!
v1.11 working great in Wine! Sample preview is mute, but that might just be my (admittedly neglected) Wine config. Also, I don’t need it. Again, big ups!

This works great for me so far, but it seems to set the bpm to 30 by default and I can’t find a way to change it. Easy to change within the OT, but it might be worth having a way to set it within your program too.

Agree. I think I’ll add a section for all .ot attributes in next version. As you say, easy to set on the Octatrack instead, but still nice to have.

Hej, once again thumbs up for this great tool!

It would be awesome to have this spacing feature for the slices like Rusty explained.

Because at the moment I need to individually add all the start and endpoints for the slices.
If there would be a spacing according to the longest sample in the chain i could just auto-slice the sample-chain in the OT.

So if there will be a next version… :smiley:

There will be a next version, I just don’t know when. :wink: And I’ll add the spacing feature.

But out of curiosity, I still don’t get what you want it for. Why do you need to manually add start and end points for the slices? You DO use the .OT file from Octachainer, right? If so, the slices are already set?

oh then I missed the important part to use the OT file!
Didnt know that, but now it seems obvious :smiley:

Thanks a lot! So for now I might have no need for the spacing feature. lol

That cracked me up :slight_smile:

So did you(both) reverse engineer this .ot file or get format assistance from Elektron ?

actually the .ot file is way better than having evenly spaced samples - that way you can save A LOT of Flex Machine space, and we all know how much we need it :wink:

We both reverse engineered it. It isn’t hard to do since you already know what the file should contain. Change one parameter on the OT that you know is in the file, compare the before and after to see what changed, then do the same with the next, etc.

We both reverse engineered it. It isn’t hard to do since you already know what the file should contain. Change one parameter on the OT that you know is in the file, compare the before and after to see what changed, then do the same with the next, etc.[/quote]
cheers - I’ve reverse engineered more readable files (not binary), but at least when(if) I give it a go i’ll not be wasting my time if Elektron were in fact prepared to serve up some instructions (which we know isn’t likely) :+1:

We both reverse engineered it. It isn’t hard to do since you already know what the file should contain. Change one parameter on the OT that you know is in the file, compare the before and after to see what changed, then do the same with the next, etc.[/quote]
Speak for yourself. I code the same way I ride my motorbike, close my eyes and hope for the best.

Speak for yourself. I code the same way I ride my motorbike, close my eyes and hope for the best.[/quote]
:smiley:

I plan to upload the source code for OctaChainer when I have added the features I currently have in mind for it. So you can see the .ot file layout then. If you need it before that I think I mentioned the general file structure somewhere in this thread a while back.

Seems to be working out great so far!

I plan to upload the source code for OctaChainer when I have added the features I currently have in mind for it. So you can see the .ot file layout then. If you need it before that I think I mentioned the general file structure somewhere in this thread a while back.[/quote]
oops - you did indeed, note to self RTFT ! cool
no rush for me, just curiosity, but i think i like the sound of a distracting little challenge whilst i have more important things i should be doing, not that preserving precious RAM isn’t important - cheers