Obsession: what 2 devices to plug into Digitone L and R?

you can get the minitaur. I think it’s the same machine, just another color.
But still I think, the SE02 is more bang for the buck.

How do you find the samples?

The Sirin has more Octaves.

1 Like

Ah thanks for clarifying

1 Like

I really like it very much for what it is. I had Digitakt, Polyend Tracker, MC101 … before, and I liked each device in its own way, but somehow I like the simplicity of the model: samples.
Furthermore, I have to admit, the IOS Samples Transfer app makes the device a lot more attractive

I don’t own it and you surely need to investigate further but the DSI Tetra gives you 4 analog tracks in a compact format I think, if you want to maximise the multi timbrality.
I guess the Analog Four is also an option ?

I do own a Prophet 8 Rev2 (desktop) however, it’s bi-timbral and can be used in multi mode - i.e. each timbre can be set to receive data on its own MIDI channel. It works great with the Digitone, I can configure 2 separate MIDI channels from the DN and receive the Rev2 sounds in the DN stereo inputs. I think it’s a good combo, sound wise.

I’m just missing the aftertouch / modulation not being transferred by the DN to the Rev2 (I use a keystep 32).

I have OPZ going into right ( mainly for vox type stuff )and Behringer RD-3 going in left.

Super fun setup :grinning:

1 Like

Techno / house / acid setup:

L: Nord Drum 2
R: Moog Sirin

3 Likes

Still early days, and I need to do a lot of mapping on the keyboard (faders for mixing, knobs for DN), but:
PXL_20210421_194644469

7 Likes

:smirk:

5 Likes

Monomachine L+R, but then what to do with the MnM’s inputs?! Endlessly my mind wonders right when I need to go to bed.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but it has helped me to sleep at night:

You don’t have to use all inputs and outputs at your disposal. I know, madness. But I wish I learned it earlier. Would have saved me time, money, and frustration.

12 Likes

Coming from the OT, I’m amazed that DN doesn’t automatically pan the inputs, so I can plug in a guitar and keep it in the middle without having to jump through hoops (thru machines on OT). Sounds trivial but for me it’s huge.

2 Likes

That looks like a nice little live beast!

MFB Nanozwerg w/ Fostex MN-15 (mixer/compressor) > DT > DN

Technically 2 devices (if not three) :joy:

Took some care to get the gain-staging right, but it works pretty well as a live solution.

*Like the DN, DT inputs can be summed to mono, but unlike the DN you have no stereo panning options.

Agreed. 2 mono inputs is vastly superior to one stereo input.

PO33 and a gameboy

1 Like

PO33 and a gameboy

this sounds super-fun, any recordings of a setup like this?

I like plugging my Cycles in stereo. Makes it a more complete FM groovebox.

1 Like

From me? No. :frowning: Soon though, once I get a gameboy.