Obsession: what 2 devices to plug into Digitone L and R?

The longer I have my DT, the more I hope for the day that Elektron release an update to have the inputs as stereo and routable to the internal FX just like the DN.
Literally the only thing about it that bugs me.

3 Likes

I don’t remember there being a pan parameter on the inputs

I’ve considered picking one up purely for effecting other synths. It’s really versatile for inputs.

5 Likes

I run my AS-1 and a mono channel of the Virus in to the Digitone. The extra effects are awesome on the AS-1. Digitakt meanwhile takes care of the stereo channel for my Virus. It’s everything you could ever need.

2 Likes

606 & 303

6 Likes

Most recently ran my guitar in one side and a mono synth in the other for recording scratches of live jams on multiple tracks.

Or, just use the Digitone as a class compliant audio interface -> iPad MIDI + audio via USB

1 Like

Input right- Toraiz AS-1
Input left- Jomox Mbase 11

That’s a whole project right there…

2 Likes

That will all show up in AUM.

I have two 303 clones TT-303 and TD-3, I offset them apart a bit in the stereo image. Really good combo.

2 Likes

And the cool thing is that its got this pretty neat synth attached to the FX.

3 Likes

Digitone [L] and Digitone [R]

Welcome to the rabbit hole…

5 Likes

I’m slapping myself silly for not thinking of this before.

3 Likes

I’ve just realised that the headphone cable from iPad was only needed before DN was made class compliant, MIDI was always available in both directions via the USB link. Now you can send the headphone out to DT for sampling purposes plus send DT main outs to DN inputs using the DN as the iPad audio interface like you said.

I need to try it all again as it is a very powerful little package.

:+1:

1 Like

I used to have my SH01A plugged into one input constantly, as @hrrld said it’s a great companion to the DN (sounds great, good MIDI spec for p-locking with the sequencer, the DN’s fx work really nicely on it). I’ve just recently reorganised my studio though and now my Grandmother is sitting above the DN keys, so I’m giving that a go for a bit (not as much cc control as the SH01A though)

1 Like

Roland SE02 connected to L, putting it’s Moog like sound through the chorus and reverb is really great.
I still need to buy something for the R channel. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This should work as well :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Another option for a nice compact setup could be to run the Typhon into the DN and then run the DN into a TR-06. This would maintain full stereo goodness.

1 Like

SE-02 is currently the most likely option, since Sirin is hard to get now.

Microfreak

3 Likes