Oberheim Teo

True. Plus no sine wave like on the Take 5.

1 Like

I made a Screenshot earlier today when the Muziker listing was still active.

• did you notice there is no Mixer?

2 Likes

Those with style and taste know Elroy has always been a cool name. :sunglasses:

Tom Oberheim is nearly 88 years old and exudes lethal doses of IDGAF about other people’s opinions vibes. A true genius.

5 Likes

this is a home run. really excited to hear some sounds

1 Like

That is interesting, it looks like buttons to remove inputs to the mixer but no knobs. Maybe the mixer levels are available as destinations in the mod matrix.

This looks fun.

Page two! (or, just the menu) Could easily be a program level parameter.

1 Like

I really hope for a Desktop version. I already have a Take 5, so, space is limited.

4 Likes

Very exciting news (er, leak — will be stoked for the official announcement and sound demos).

Can any Take 5 users speak to the workflow and any similarities/differences they’re seeing in these images? Seems like the panels are pretty close but not quite identical.

The buttons around the display look the same; effects controls look the same. Envelopes look the same. Keyboard split controls look the same. Vintage knob the same.

Osc section and mixer looks the most different.

Remains to be seen if there is a program parameter for mixer levels.

Having triangles would be nice - that might be the one thing I miss most on the Take5.

2 Likes

Take 5 has 4 waveforms instead of 3, all of which are shape variable. The Teo has a multi-mode filter and no mixer. Besides that, hard to infer much else from just the photo without any published specs.

1 Like

3 Likes

I don’t know if I’d agree with this - the “4th” waveform is just PWM, and this has a PWM control.

If this can blend waveforms (e.g. both triangle and pulse switched on, like the Trigon) that’s a sort of thing the Take5 can’t do.

1 Like

Nice touch: It has the old SEM filter interface where you can sweep between LP and HP with a knob—like the OB6, and unlike the OB-X8.

I’m not in the market for a TEO, but wonder whether the sound is more like the 6 or the X8 (which don’t actually sound like each other, although people sometimes assume that they do). Or will the TEO have its own distinct sound, the way the Take 5 sounds different than the various Prophets?

1 Like

I would still consider it 4 waveform options because you can have different pulse widths for each oscillator selected. It doesn’t appear that you can do that on the Teo since there is just one Pulse Width knob, but this is purely conjecture at this point.

1 Like

I just hope it’s less of a pain in the ass to actually dial in a usable mild PWM than it is on the Take5.

Right. There may be a way to set a different pulse width for each osc in a menu somewhere—the OB-X8 does that.

Nice! Pretty nice rebuttal to Behringer.
I was thinking about getting a ub soon but will hold off till I hear this

1 Like

It looks like they’re the same size, and maybe the same power supply. So you can just stash one in the closet, and everyday you can pick one based on how you’re feeling, and then swap them out of the same spot on your desk.

2 Likes

I wish I had a closet in my studio. :rofl:

3 Likes

:joy:

1 Like