Oberheim 8 Voice Video from GForce

It’s always a treat to watch Dave Spiers messing with his 8 voice.
Cool twist at the end of the video is worth waiting for.
:slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

:exploding_head: the dream

Edit: I just got to the end…

5 Likes

Pretty funny reveal, type of thing that might make some peoples heads spin, but I also think that crowd has shrunk massively over the years. Sounds great. I would say maybe just watch the last 4 minutes if you wanna get it without spending 15 minutes.

5 Likes

Beautiful analog synth. Nobody can afford this :sunglasses:

Yeh. Wish I read that before watching

1 Like

This video demonstrates it perfectly.
Digital / VSTs will just never live up to the insane depth of sound you can get from a giant analog synth. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

interesting he didnt do an a/b at the end :woman_shrugging:

probably the 8 voice was non functional

4 Likes

Can’t say I’m a fan of the sound in this demo. Something about it sounds way too bright and sugary. I’ll stick to OB-Xd and Pigments SEM filter for ‘that’ sound.

TBH, i hear a very “vanilla” sound?? I don’t think you need to spend thousands of euro’s to achieve such a basic sound? But probably my ears are wasted and I don’t hear the 3D organic electricity :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think it sounds great for a VST, and it had me fooled. Maybe could have been a tad shorter considering it’s an ad, but I think it was a great product announcement.

Good demo, talented guy. They both sound good imo.

1 Like

It’s YouTube. No one can hear it.

as i have no alternative (unless i become wealthy at some point) if i need this specific synth i’d go with vst… i’ll work with whatever i have and probaby mangle/distort/delay/reverb it.

‘good for a vst’ … most music i’ve listened to for 20+ years is likely to be vst / logic /cubase / ableton / in a daw / from a sample at some point… stuck on vinyl / encoded for cd / converted to mp3…

Yeah honestly I’m not sure I even realised the EVS existed before that demo. Not gonna get all chin-stroky over the sound, if someone is into it seems like its pretty unrealistic to pick up the real thing so now you can get right into it.

Personally the thought of 8 individual voices starts my anxiety rising :sweat_smile: