OB-X8: Oberheim. Welcome back

Mmmm… 5 grand is a bit out of my range, but sampling demo’s, priceless.

Looking forward to hearing this thing. The cost of these dreams synths really, like the Moog One, just make me think, yeah, I’ll go with the classic 911 Porsche instead if I’m really feeling GAS for a synth in this price range.

But I could still see myself at least copping out for the OB-6 module as my last synth.

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Deff prefer the look of my ob6… which also probably sounds more modern too

2 Likes

But those stripes :slight_smile:

The blue stripes? Are beautiful :slight_smile: …dreamy

2 Likes

Bad analogy but howabout Classic 911 Porsche or Ice cream Van :rofl: (OBX8 or OB6)

1 Like

9 Likes

They are getting in there before Uli (who “gave” Tom the rights to use his name on a synth), pumps out his own BehringerOBX in a couple of months; assuming Shanghi ever opens its port again.
(And anyones left alive to actually work at the docks and microchip factories).

See, that color is better. Compare with post #123.

You need a ton of Depeche Mode and The Cure posters. One of them has to be from a Japan show and you’re set.

3 Likes

Looking at that image it seems to have exactly the same dimensions as a Prophet 5/10

1 Like

:+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:

1 Like

Yeah there’s deffo some cross pollination going on with the P5/10. Nothing wrong with that tho.

Don’t know if you’ve watched anything other than mainstream media, but Shanghi’s population (20,000,000) have been confined to home for the last six weeks. They are starving. Flu issues or something.

1 Like

Well that’s not good… only news I’ve been consuming lately is synth news! Allowing many people to starve to prevent COVID cases seems crazy though, if that’s what’s happening.

:flushed: :heart_eyes:

I’d love to see a T5 sized (and priced) Oberheim.

2 Likes

Looks beautiful :star_struck: Looking much forward to hear more.

3 Likes

One more thing. Is this the best knob per function layout ever. Its so direct.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if Oberheim are going to put the OB up on their site after they announce it at Superbooth? How long do you think?