OB-X8: Oberheim. Welcome back

Change from unstable(?) to stable performance. That “Vintage” selection thingy. USB. All surface mount components on one slab?

The new Prophet~5/10 didn’t even budge me from my Prophet~6, but this does have me interested as an OB~6 companion rather than acquiring an OB~6 DESKTOP to extend my OB~6 keys.

1 Like

Big images up

I’m wondering what the mod matrix is like, will there be more than whats on the front panel?

15 Likes

Has a screen so maybe :grinning:

Well, 5000…

*Calling Uli to talk about death and get sad and stuff.

From the render, that grey doesn’t do it for me. It doesn’t look like a premium product.

4 Likes

Yeah, looks like a screen. Will be interesting to see what they’ve added for modulation options in there.

Tell that to the owners of grey Elektron boxes :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Interesting Toms gone for the same size lcd as the Prophet rev 2. Wonder if Mr Smith has had any input here.

Unobtrusive :+1:, almost didn’t see it till spotting the global button and wondering where the globals were.

I think I’m gonna talk to myself then.

Grey on a render often looks plasticky, though.

Ignore the render, go back to post #84 and look at the picture. I guarantee seeing it for real will make a huge difference.

1 Like

It’s a shade of blue I thought.

I’d chuckle if this meant bger couldnt release their clone in the US at least.

1 Like

I saw it, the render doesn’t do it justice. I’m sure it will be great when I’ll see it in real.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the desktop!

Well it looks pretty ugly to me, but I’ll still get it…

1 Like

If the world only wanted pretty things it would be boring🥹

Man that font on the obx8! Screams 80s

And then the cheap and cheerful Yamaha 4op FM synths came along, polyphony! Taco Bells!

1 Like

Not to forget the CZ-101… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Correct. All of the time.

1 Like