OB with Heat in Logic : At a lost end

Easy,

Bought my first Elektron product around 2 weeks ago, the ‘Analogue Heat MK2’. I bought it solely upon finding out about ‘Overbridge’. I have no other hardware, I solely purchased it to use inside the DAW for some saturation on my mixes.

I had a late 2012 Mac Mini, only to find out it was not compatible with the latest version of Overbridge (2.0 BETA). I then tried the older version of Overbridge and still nothing. So I order a new computer, a 2009 refurbished Mac Pro. High Sierra (10.13.6) and TRUST me when I say it’s powerful enough to run Overbridge. Still, 0 luck when trying to use it. I have updated the Analogue Heat to the latest version and it connects to SYSEX and update with no issues, meaning it is being recognised by my computer. I have changed the USB configuration to ‘Overbridge’ mode, absolutely nothing. I open the plug-in and silence. (I’m using the latest version of Logic also).

Really starting to get annoyed. I’ve read countless forum posts and a substantial amount of people seemingly have had the same issue, yet their are very little answers (if any) available. Yet here I am, having spent all around £2000, purely for the Analogue Heat and it doesn’t even work.

Can anyone help me out before I get my money back?

Cheers

P.S. The manual is pointless

Use it without OB, audio and midi works.
All brands seems to have problems with Mac updates…
Try a PC.

Does it work with the “standalone” software included in the overbridge package?

It works on my 2010 imac. I had to upgrade OSX to a newer version, but i got it working then. I chose the oldest OSX that overbridge supported because of the age of my Imac.

I would just use it as a separate hardware box untill Overbridge is out of the beta stage. I only use mine with OB when mixing/mastering. When recording i usually just run audio through it the old school way. Since i get more latency when using it with the vst plugin.

No, anything to do with Overbridge it just doesn’t work.

That’s exactly what I want to use it for. It’s a shame as I work in-the-box and don’t really have anything to use with Heat, until I (or Elektron) can fix the issue.

Can you provide more information? What are you seeing on screen? Can you share screenshots?

1 Like

I’ve pretty much said all I know.

Yeah of course:

This is simply not correct, i can assure you that the Late 2012 Mini can run the latest macOS with ease so it can easily cater for your modest OB needs

This is a beta that you are using so you’ll need to browse through all the beta reports to find one related to your issues and the fix - this is most likely a user setup issue not a compatibility one

make sure the engine is running and set up stuff on the control panel, then try the standalone and see what’s what - either way you can’t be using Logic reliably as it’s not supported fully yet as an AU !

1 Like

Overbirdge 2.0 requires 8GB of RAM, my Mac Mini had 4GB. As I said, I then tried the previous version of Overbridge and still it didn’t work.

It’s not working as a standalone either, the interface is exactly the same as the screenshot above.

You could have bought some - it’s not fixed like on later machines

The older version of overbridge is effectively incompatible if you upgraded the AH os - you’ll also get issues if you don’t clean out the mixture of both versions being installed - use the ob version suited for your device/os and once worked through the IT issues try a different VST host if possible

You need to read through the old and new beta threads for people recounting similar stories

This also appears when I turn on the unit, even though both the version of Overbridge and the Heats system are the latest versions

which means that you must have AH2 os 1.11beta 3 and ob2 beta version 2.0.14 !?

2 Likes

Been reading the latest beta thread and there seems to some recurring issues with MAC OS and connectivity. It is BETA so this makes it a bit of a moving target to get stability right now.

In terms of your last post make sure heat is on the right firmware version compatible with OB installation.

I downloaded and installed this version of Overbridge:

And this update for Heat:

I told you which version you need already though !!

linked there …

https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/d/f/df42eb0f15070b5d3d52dc358d45991e6be9e55d.zip

1 Like

You are a badman, thank you.

2 Likes