OB with A4 No Audio Streaming of external Input to Ableton

Hi there
Today i wanted to setup my Ableton to record a A4 and Rytm Kit for multitrack recording.
On the ext. Input of the A4 I have a Microbrute via CV.
In Overbridge Control Panel I see the Peakmeter flashing of Input L but in Ableton with correct routing, nothing coming in there. I only hear the Microbrute included in the FX Return going through outputs 1/2.
But where is the dry Signal of the Microbrute in Ableton?
The Track routing in A4 is to main 0-0-0-0 to FX X-X-X-X.

Here are two Pictures of what I have setup.

Thank you for your Help a lot :slight_smile:

Milan

1 Like

I think that might be a bug. I reinstalled overbridge and it is the same problem.
For sure I can use another physical input of my Soundcard, and If I am in Overbridge Mode to Multitrack something I can chance the cable at the Mirobrute Output.

But why there are the two Input Channels in the Analog 4 Overbridge Panel If not working ?

Is it working in your Setup?
Thanks for your help.

Milan

hm, try to setup the A4-input as a mono track (since the brute is mono though).

The Brute is connected to Input L at A4 and the panning to mid. hm maybe its a conflict with the A4 as a soundcard driver in windows. Maybe I have to deactivate in windows 10 ??

I don’t think its a driver problem, otherwise you’ll had no function (audio).

Did you try a mono audio track for the Left-Channel-OB?

yes mono cable in the left input. input level in fx page audio input l on. fx off. ob gets input signal on left input. ableton nothing with routing audio from vst plugin l r input Monitoring on in.

same on the right input. no AD converting

ehm, your FX track in Live is a STEREO-channel.

ehm sorry I didn t understand you.

What is plugged into the A4’s EXT R 1/4" input jack?

If nothing is plugged in there, then you’ll get no signal into OB or Ableton on the R side.

You can use an Ableton utility effect to just grab the L side, though, and effectively run that channel as mono.

I have connected the Minibrute to the left input of the Analog 4. On the right input is nothing.
The Paning in Analog 4 FX page is in mid position. Now if I turn down the input volume in the ext in fx page of the analog 4, there is still coming audio to the overbridge software panel input L (see the screenshot i have uploaded bevor).
But in Ableton there is no audio coming through the plugin input channel named ext. in left/right. On both mono channels no signal. If i turn up the Volume of the Input L in the FX page of the analog 4 the signal is mixed to the master output. In my case to my FX Return Channel with a dry signal of the minibrute. the peakmeter in ob control panel is flashing at input l but no audio is coming into the vst plugin channel…

The pan function only determines the input’s position in the stereo field of the main outputs, when the input level is up on the A4 hardware.

That’s why you won’t see any audio coming on the R in Live.

They’re dual mono inputs. You can make them function as stereo in relationship to the main output (via pan parameter), but you cannot make them function as stereo in relation to the Overbridge stream when only one mono input is being used.

Again, the utility device in Live is what you need to use here.

configured as such:

1 Like

Or you can use Thru machine by setting the OSC input model on External Inputs L or R but you have to sacrifice 1 Trk… for that. I always do like that before that’s how it works in standalone…

WAV (OSC1 Waveform) sets the oscillator waveform to Saw- tooth, Transistor Pulse, Pulse, or Triangle. It is also possible to choose one of the two External Inputs (to send external sounds through the filters)

Even if it’s not what you want, try to see if this way it’s working. What system OS are you on ? It seems like people reported broken part with MacOS 10.12.5 maybe that Signal path routing for Overbridge to take the inputs directly is broken and you not get it by the Plugin… but Overbridge Panel detect correctly the signal and try to deviate it on External inputs… that’s (maybe just then the plugin who can’t get the signal from there)

It should work as expected as replicate the Standalone way and getting your Microbrute on Trk 4 or other track to suit your needs… if related to OS 10.12.5
If you’re on Windows then it’s different story.

Anyway you don’t loose much time to try :

WAV (OSC1 Waveform) sets the oscillator waveform to Saw- tooth, Transistor Pulse, Pulse, or Triangle. It is also possible to choose one of the two External Inputs (to send external sounds through the filters)

But then i am loosing one channel of the analog 4 synth tracks. i need the 4 synth tracks plus the brute for the bass aa extra track. I think the only way to get it working for me is to connect the brutes audio out directly to my audio interface. the audio streaming via overbridge to ableton wont work on both channels left and right. there is no peakmeter flashing in the Monitoring view of the vst. thanks a lot for your help but i think my a4 inputs wont work over usb. or i am too dump for that but i dont think i am the biggest noob. milan

yep, that’s it.

He needs to configure his interface for two mono outputs instead of a stereo out (Live’s setup I/O). Then assgin one of these mono outs to a MONO track. And ready is the external Brute in.

Right, not the biggest! :cheeky:

hmmm i am Sorry i think its because my english is too bad or so i am not sure i understand you. i am in asio mode with my rme i am not able to adress mono inputs of the a4 like it is an external Instrument. i only can make an audio track with audio from a4 vst input ext. in l /r and done. thats works with every multi output vst i used bevore.