OB too quiet? (and other stuff :P)

Just testing my AK37 with OB…seems very low volume into Ableton. -18dB peak…utility plugin boosts background noise too much…not into it…is this a problem with OB or A4/AK37?

Also…RYTM sounds awful…like everything is being bitcrushed. AK sounds good though. Only main outs enabled on both. RYTM sounds terrible even when used alone.

Whats going on?

Not bothered about the VST nonsense…screens are good enough for me…but the outputs could be useful if they weren’t too quiet/awful sounding.

AND!! any way to get multi channel audio in through both devices at once? or do i have to specify one as an audio interface? If so…Ableton ain’t the right software :frowning:

Might just forget it and use direct outs from my desk. Less faff.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, to help answer my questions, i’d be grateful.

i have a similar problem with “bitcrushing” … I blame win10 drivers… might be something else…

as for the levels, i must say… they are a bit quiet , but fuck the loudness war!

The plugin provides all the audio inputs amd outputs. There’s no need to set your OB device as an audio interface in the Ableton Live audio preferences. Watch the tutorial video for an example on how to do this.

The levels seem low because these devices offer a high dynamic range.

i just came back to see whats going on with my good old lovely Elektron Stuff … and found out that OB is final already :slight_smile: Hooked it right up with my A4 right now. Really nice to see this working and that Sync … is awesome, did not expected that. it just works. out of the box. nice !!! :slight_smile:

i can replicate your problem with the levels though. with a non boosted sound (i.e. no overdrive used on it) i get an input into ableton just around -18 db. this happens with the default levels on the A4 itself. if i crank up the track level and bring up the volume on the amp page further i can increase the input to around -8 db which is a good starting point for mixing in my opinion. and if i bring in the Utility Plugin i can crank it up to nirvana … still with no noise, so this must be a problem on your systems side.

i use win 7 x64 on a custom made pc with the mainboards built-in realtek soundcard at the moment. it works like a charme :slight_smile: