Novation Circuit Rhythm and Circuit Tracks

For sure, there’s definitely an SP style of playing that folks apply to various instruments.

I think the Circuit Rhythm with its grid FX will be the new SP. Roland is probably watching.

3 Likes

I hope so… it’s amazing what they fit into the new MCs but damn the workflow

3 Likes

I will take Clips/Patterns per Track over monolithic/one Pattern for all Tracks EVERY day of the week.

In that respect, the MC-101 workflow is awesome.

3 Likes

Take a look at the forthcoming Oxi One
4 sequencers, 16 patterns each, all independent from each other. :ok_hand:

Cool that the Circuit can do this.

2 Likes

Yes that‘s indeed a problem for a very compact setup on the go, which I may encounter at one time as well. Usually I mix ITB via my RME UC Total Mix, which can run standalone, not ideal though.

I still have one PO lying around, but honestly I really don’t like using it. Flimsy fiddly to use, constantly I forget the key combos. Someone simply should convince the two brothers to drop the VST UI as a Full Hardware Box. As the Vintage Tonic showed, the synth engine is still top and worthy to be hardware. Elektron hint hint.

just looked up when summer is … damn the rhythm is a while away :joy:

1 Like

Agreed, but as long as there is still some sample playback option, like on the Circuits. Those 909 and 707 hats in Vintage Tonic are (naturally) not at all convincing.

The Rhythm it is going to be the main business for a lot of guys. With 8 tracks and full sample editing and manipulation it is going to be an affordable and alternative Digitakt. The limitation of the 240 sec in the sample sounds is per project.

So, on each project you won’t be able to use more than 128 samples, but you will be able to store in the micro SD more than 2.000 of your own samples and to load each time 128 samples to use them as a sample pack at a specific project.

Deep sample editing will be possible through the Rhythm editor, and judging from the Circuit Tracks editor, this is going to be equally awesome.

1 Like

but the rhythm samples right, what kind of editing will one need to go into an editor for?

CALC from Novation said that the Rhythm will come with a good editor for detailed sample editing. I think this is going to give more possibilities which the Circuit hardware workflow can’t offer, because of the lack of the screen.

2 Likes

Cool you can sample and edit samples on the computer. I hope there will be also a sequencer on the computer so we can throw the whole Rhythm and use only the computer.

3 Likes

Yep, it is…in the Rhythm editor you will have and a sequencer to make your beats there with your mouse…

I think a lot of people don’t understand the Circuit concept. Especially the new Circuit Tracks (and probably the Rhythm) distinguishes the music making process in 2 different stages. So, you have the deep sound editing that you can do with your big PC/Mac screen, and you have and the performance process that you will do without a screen by using the Circuit. But, in the performance you still have basic editing and sound manipulation capabilities, through the hardware.

In the Electron boxes you do all this at the same time in the hardware.

What workflow is fastest? to me the Circuit workflow is more fast and intuitive.

But, the worfklow is a matter of personal preferences, what works for you is the best.

4 Likes

the more I look at this instrument the more I see it as a great instrument without the lcd diving of nowadays, great clever piece of gear for focus on your brain creativity.
I like the Model:Samples because the lcd is not the center of the instrument, and more of a settings
corner.

2 Likes

It’s gonna be a tall order navigating 20,000 samples without a screen. I realise the idea is that you prepare your sets beforehand, I guess I’m just tempering my expectations. Hard to resist the thought that even a simple 3-character LCD would have massively expanded the possibilities of this box.

That is outside the box thinking, it preserves other sensors from being underdrived.

I like the idea of software editors for enhanced integration but I definitely not a fan of having to go to a computer to do stuff that should possible on a groove box… I often hear people describe the mpc as a daw but the core features are just groove box features that existed before all of the daws we use… I hope the rhythm is a whole groove box with extras on the puter and not half a groove box with the other half of the groove box on the computer

1 Like

I think this box is great because its a small swiss army tool. that is light, battery inside, small,
with a great visual and hands interface for people, does look you can put it in your backpack
without concerns. This as many other novation products dont end alone in the pc world we live today,
they have a HUGE LCD screen if you thing about it.

They already use the pads to display the bpm, so there kinda is…

1 Like

They absolutely need a app for Android and iOS

3 Likes