Novation Circuit Rhythm and Circuit Tracks

They do, but sampling & slicing is a bitch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, they’re kind of abusive in many ways. But just the raw output from them is pretty solid.

1 Like

I totally agree 100 %, they call this ‘’All in one studio’’ when in fact with only 2 ‘’synth tracks’’ it is a ‘‘sketch - pad/groovebox’’…

Novation should let the user to capitalize - on the new Circuit - these 6 tracks as he/she wish, and not to be obligated to have only 2 synth tracks and 4 drum tracks.

This is a tyranny to give you such a great and inspired and high quality workflow and the marketing team just to destroy viciously the hard work of Notation’s talented designers and engineers. Because let me tell you something, the Circuit as concept and in terms of audio visual perception is an innovative and stellar product.

And in the end, some of you maybe you’re a little bit ‘’masochists’’, and you like that, ok well, I agree, but some of us we want to get instant fun and gratification having ‘’Circuit fun’’ with more synth tracks in our disposal.

So, why Novation then don’t make multiple variations of the same product? $ 399 the cheap and $ 599 the advanced version (initial prices)

This is not something strange, Electron did that with the Digitone/Digitakt – Model Cycles/Samples compo, Roland recently did that with the Roland MC 707/101 and so on…

And some of you guys who claim that this is the ‘’Circuit Nature’’ to be a 2 melodic tracks standalone borderline toy, please chill a little bit, and try to understand the great potential of this Circuit beauty…

I think there are hardware limitations too. You need more DSP chips to drive more synth tracks then playing samples

lets not forget that the Mono Station (not sure about the OG Circuit) has sound flip where you can pick different synth sound for each step, so takin into account that new Circuit is poly and also supports this, you theoretically can have, let’s say, bass + arp on synth1 and chords + melody on synth2. it would be probably impossible if you would want to have them on the same step though.

but I still hope that you will be able to use MIDI 1 + 2 channels as additional synth tracks if you want to. can’t wait for Feb 9…

the fact that people are even talking about the circuit tracks more than the circuit rhythm is a red flag :grimacing:

why do people get angry about gear they do not possess?

9 Likes

because I will possess it grrrr

Tracks’ specs were leaked so there’s something to talk about. Rhythm’s specs have not leaked.

1 Like

Does “OG Circuit” mean “Original Circuit” ?

1 Like

Yes indeed.

Part of me wonders if there actually is only one new Circuit coming out. What if the Circuit Rhythm was just a concept that didn’t make it all the way through development? Then again, perhaps it’s a staggered release. Circuit Tracks now, Circuit Rhythm later.

You should be BANNED! :))
Let’s hope you’re not right. Although I have the same feeling that they’ll drop separately

The online shop that leaked them had leaked music gear before and both Circuits looked like finished products.
Although it’s almost impossible to distinguish between actual leaks and marketing campaign driven pseudo leaks, in both cases, though, we wouldn’t have seen pre-production models, I guess?
Why should a retailer put pre-production models in the online store and why should a teaser campaign advertise gear that is still in development and might never see the light of day?

Nah, pretty sure we can expect both of them to hit the market.

Maybe the pandemic caused additional delays, maybe some other unexpected issues…who knows…

2 Likes

The current Electribes have max 24 voices of polyphony according to the Korg website. But you’re right about the MC-101, max 128 voices (scales down for the more complex the voices are).

If the MC-101 had a better UI (meaning more knobs and buttons), it’d probably cost at least 100-200 euros more, because knobs are expensive.

1 Like

You’re telling other people to chill? Listen to yourself.

2 Likes

If you’ve been keeping tabs on the Novation Circuit Owners group on Facebook you’ll have seen various leaks and stuff on the chances of apparently two new Novation Circuits. It would seem with Novations teaser video that these are real and are coming, so this may well just be the final pack we release for the original Circuit!

What better way to go out with a bang with another superb pack. from A orce Truly Evil focused on one of the most requested genres, Goa and Psytrance, a sound the Circuit is. especially good at!

Stay Healthy, Stay Strong!

• Bless, Peace, Love

Darren E Cowley - The Isotonik Collective

2 Likes

that would usck

Korg electribe 2?