Novation Circuit Rhythm and Circuit Tracks

Deluge style, dope thang

there’s no reason to release a sampler without a screen. slicing would be doable but needlessly annoying. as someone else mentioned, browsing samples would be a nightmare. i found even the es-1’s numerical display for samples to be very useful. not a fan of requiring a phone or computer as a display like the op-z does either. i wonder how the rhythm would compare to something like the es-1

i also wonder how circuit tracks is any more interesting than the circuit mono station, which i love but seems to be severely underrated. even after the attention brought to the bs2 with the newer aphex station

The pads is the screen

3 Likes

No envelopes on the Rythm?
Both looking very nice for a jam session. USB-C!

I have a feeling that slope could be some kind of macro control for an envelope (from short&percussive to longer to long attack and release or something like that). We’ll see, there’s probaply quite a lot going on under the hood.

The links are dead, looks like it wasn’t supposed to be releases, yet.

4 Likes

My bet sample and sound editor via Novation component website…

3 Likes

i guess macros are still assignable to knobs, they just printed default values

2 Likes

Model:Samples doesn’t sample: that’s its biggest drawback IMO. Resampling would open many possibilities, and that’s where the new Circuit may be a better choice.

2 Likes

Both links are now down, at least for me. Get a 404 error.

Yep but still got the picture :joy:

1 Like

they denied access pretty quickly, but we’ve got the pics and the price

2 Likes

The circuit rhythm look very cool. Stereo sampling is something many people request in Digitakt features. It may be a nice alternative to DT without going into expensive and deep OT for stereo sample or touch screen workflow of blackbox.

1 Like

Rhythm looks very interesting :heart_eyes: but i want to figure out how will be the sample management without screen.

3 Likes

Easy. You get pads and colors…

USB-C means…Battery Pack power possible…outdoor jams!

Like old school SP303 / 404. Sample to a pad I guess.

3 Likes

Screens are so 2020.

11 Likes

The Circuit Rhythm it looks interesting for the price (415 euro) but the Circuit Tracks it has again only 2 synth tracks, and in 2021 can’t be competitive I guess…

Yeah, I can see that as being an appealing feature especially if it’s stereo. Then again, I’ve had my Digitakt for more than 3 years and still haven’t gotten around to doing any sampling…

I was thinking about that further after I posted before and I think you could be right and it could even have a shift function to control the amp or the filter envelope.

1 Like

Novation folks - say something!

1 Like

These are interesting.
Never had or used a Circuit, although I have nothing but respect for their dev team, who have made substantial updates and improvements over the years… Was expecting a Circuit Pro, but it kinda makes sense (market-wise) that they split it into two cheaper, separate products.
The lack of screen is indeed disappointing… specially for a sampler, as it has been mentioned. But who knows… maybe there’s some OPZ-like implementation with phones and tablets - not ideal, but could be useful as to work on the sampling process, and then later for live performance that might not be as important.