Novation Circuit Rhythm and Circuit Tracks

The online shop that leaked them had leaked music gear before and both Circuits looked like finished products.
Although it’s almost impossible to distinguish between actual leaks and marketing campaign driven pseudo leaks, in both cases, though, we wouldn’t have seen pre-production models, I guess?
Why should a retailer put pre-production models in the online store and why should a teaser campaign advertise gear that is still in development and might never see the light of day?

Nah, pretty sure we can expect both of them to hit the market.

Maybe the pandemic caused additional delays, maybe some other unexpected issues…who knows…

2 Likes

The current Electribes have max 24 voices of polyphony according to the Korg website. But you’re right about the MC-101, max 128 voices (scales down for the more complex the voices are).

If the MC-101 had a better UI (meaning more knobs and buttons), it’d probably cost at least 100-200 euros more, because knobs are expensive.

1 Like

You’re telling other people to chill? Listen to yourself.

2 Likes

If you’ve been keeping tabs on the Novation Circuit Owners group on Facebook you’ll have seen various leaks and stuff on the chances of apparently two new Novation Circuits. It would seem with Novations teaser video that these are real and are coming, so this may well just be the final pack we release for the original Circuit!

What better way to go out with a bang with another superb pack. from A orce Truly Evil focused on one of the most requested genres, Goa and Psytrance, a sound the Circuit is. especially good at!

Stay Healthy, Stay Strong!

• Bless, Peace, Love

Darren E Cowley - The Isotonik Collective

2 Likes

that would usck

Korg electribe 2?

Novation is cooking something for 9th of February.

2 Likes

Looks, at first glance, like they are novationising the Digitakt? Or a circuit with onboard sampling?

This is the two new Circuits.

4 Likes

These new circuits look interesting, but what I’d love to see is AFX mode for the Peak/Summit.

4 Likes

The marketing approach is bit cringe

Purposely release a few leaks and send social media into a frenzy ready for the tag line worth the hype

It’s been more a ripple than a hype explosion though

I think we have been desensitised to a lot of new gear releases as there are so many. Just release the product please

1 Like

A marketing exec has justified their job by coming up with a series of dates to ‘build a campaign. ‘ or whatever it’s called.

Let them earn they inflated wage :crazy_face: while the influencers get their vids ready to deluge eBay with.
It’s probably coordinated with when new magazines hit the shelves and those front pages have been booked.

I’m sure they’ll be good / limited in some ways … I liked the circuit when I had one

Look. This thread now has 449 posts. Novation knows what they’re doing here.

4 Likes

Well it’s 450 now. Just saying.

3 Likes

No, 451.

Edit : Oh no, @alexbuga made it to 452 with an «off-topic» comment.

1 Like

Actually MPC Live launch was worse :slight_smile:
The One also. They were teasing the shit out of it at NAMM

All of this complaining about marketing / hype campaigns is strange. Maybe it’s just a sign of the times as people (mostly young people, it seems) are cultivating this sort of anti-capitalism sentiment. The irony is that most folks would say that they do, in fact, want companies to keep making more synths and new gear. Sometimes, you have to take the good (new synths) with the bad (marketing campaigns). The mere fact that we’re talking about potential new Circuits means that the campaign, whatever it may be, is working.

2 Likes

I’m not complaining as such, just an opinion on these ‘accidental’ leaks and teasers to create hype

I like novation so not knocking them and I’ve only posted couple of times in the thread so certainly not arguing. I’m all far these new products

Tbh I think novation would be happy with all comments good and bad and praising or knocking their marketing campaign as it keeps it live.

So yeah, it’s effective and it works to gain traction on social media. Just in my opinion it doesn’t excite me about the product. I’d prefer teasers revealing each feature every week or video clips. Saying that most promo demo’s are usually rubbish lol so can’t win :slight_smile: :grinning:

1 Like

EDIT: I made an insensitive post about money and have removed it. I’m sorry for any harm I caused. The fact it was unintentional was no excuse.

5 Likes