Novation circuit monostation

Here’s a quick 'n dirty techno jam with the Circuit Mono Station: https://soundcloud.com/dietervandoren/acid-tech-jam-30122017

There’s a bit of reverb and delay on it. No other processing. Beat is Machinedrum running through Analog Heat.

I’m also getting some real nice things to happen by running both beat and bassline through the high gain distortion and stereo filter of the Analog Heat. Not ready to post those recordings yet though.

1 Like

That sounds great, love it!

2 more jams with the Circuit Mono Station. I’m loving that little box!

I recently added the Circuit Mono Station, Analog Heat, Eventide Space and Mackie 1642VLZ4 to my Machinedrum+Monomachine for an all-hardware setup. A couple of EHX fx pedals there too. Very happy with what’s starting to come out of that.

I have to retract my prior statement about the distortion being timid… With the right combo of filter, resonance and distortion parameters it can scream real hard.

1 Like

GAS activated

2 Likes

I’m surprised how little there is about these here or elsewhere. Not that I need any more gear but I’m lusting a bit for one. I might have to trade in my monologue.

It seems like a really smart little package, a standout in an ocean of key-laden analogs. Sequencer looks like great fun and connectivity just enough to be fun and useful without being overwhelming. I could see this pairing equally nicely with an Elektron as with a PO or Volca, and I bet it sounds lovely with a little reverb.

2 Likes

Agree - Circuit and Circuit Monostation are precious little things, and Novation keeps making them better with regular updates - I’m using a Circuit with an A4 and they work together very well.

4 Likes

Yeah it looks and sounds great. Nice sequencer, nice modulation options.
Also wondering why it’s not more popular

2 Likes

Did you get one?

I have one. Love it. Great sound, smart interface.

Been using it for acid techno basslines which it delivers easily. Today I started noodling in an ambientish style, trying to get creamy spacious sounds, playing it live on the button grid and loved the result. Here’s a quick recording. Yes I am a sucky keyboardist. (No processing other than Eventide Space reverb)

Here’s a bit of techno featuring it:

1 Like

Uh yeah, whats nice about this box: osc1 sequencer, osc2 sequenzer, cv/gate/mod extra sequencer!
Perfect to pair with 0-coast yay!
I hope they implement session chains, on the circuit too.

1 Like

Can’t find this in the manual: when one records in live mode, can we undo or delete recorded automation of a parameter (say the filter cut off).

Got it: clear+cut off knob :slight_smile:

They are selling these 50% off, triggering my GAS. Thoughts?

1 Like

where do they sell it at that discount?
50% off is a lot.
it’s modulation matrix is quite nice for such a “small” paraphonic. because you can save patches and automations it’s a mighty underrated synth imho. it’s one of my favourite synths i have. it’s underrated as fu.

1 Like

Well I bought one at full price so I’d def buy one at half the price…

1 Like

Novation sent me an offer via email.

I wouldn’t mind one but have enough gear to be honest. But it would go nicely with the circuit.

I got that email too, it’s like they knew I just sold some gear! Tempting, but I’m kinda in the same boat where I’m trying to evaluate how much it will add to my setup. I know it’s not necessarily intended to be portable, but I wonder how portable it is? I remember these were deeply discounted during the holidays last year, but definitely not to this level. At this price, it’s hard to resist.

1 Like

It’s really tempting I’m almost decided to get one.