Novation Circuit/Mono Station Sessions and Digitakt

Hi,

I know there has been a few topics relating to sending patch and session information from Elektron boxes to the Novation Circuit and Circuit Mono Station, but I’m running into a rather specific issue.

I am trying to sync sessions with patterns on the Digitakt with Sessions on the Circuit Mono Station. Due to a weird implementation decision on the Digitakt MIDI selection pages, I have to p-lock the program change on the first beat of a pattern. But, this causes the Mono Station to miss playing any notes on that beat any time the session changes.

Is there any nice workaround for this? I know I could queue up session changes on the last beat prior to changing Sessions, but I like to vary up how long I stay on particular patterns.

Thanks!

Can you plock the change on the last note and make it a fill? Than you have to actively trigger it

1 Like

That’s definitely a better alternative. I just wish that the Source page on the Digitakt would play nicely with more manufacturers, since it makes it harder to integrate Novation equipment at no fault of their own.

For anyone experiencing this issue in the future, set the micro-timing of the first step about 1/16 early, and it will change in time!

To add some detail that I should have explained in the initial post, make sure you are sending patch change (CC32) on MIDI channel 16 for Circuit-style devices with that early microtiming from the Elektron device.

3 Likes