Novation AFX Station

Well spotted :slight_smile: I wasnā€™t doubting at all, just intrigued if you knew :slight_smile:

1 Like

They have to be about out of hidden key combinations, too.

1 Like

Looks like it says ā€œNovation Aphex Stationā€ on that poster version.

Edit: Probably ā€œAFX Stationā€ actually.

1 Like

ā€œAFX Station,ā€ actually looks like it reads this in the close up!

1 Like

Or they used the Warp BSII picture to misguide us all and its something completely different.

3 Likes

I really do like the Novation Bass Station/CMS sound. I hope they are doing something interesting with it beyond just a visual change though.

I think they learned a lot developing the Peak/Summit, and Iā€™d love to see some of that design language brought to a cheaper, bass-heavy synth. Think Typhon, but with the Peakā€™s mod matrix and effects.

I donā€™t really care for when they try to manage sequencing though, since once you go Elektron, it is hard to go back. Circuit was great for learning, but you need something more advanced for full tracks.

Like this?

3 Likes

ā€¦if he still has to pay these license fees to the former aphex company for using their ā€œbrandā€ name, he was complaining about, back in the days, it might be a damned good solution for an english artist to support the last english gear brand out thereā€¦come together on common groundā€¦win the win winā€¦

by stating this, i realize, heā€™s such a clever lad and was actually not really using that name in printing out for real anymore on any further releases ever sinceā€¦his logo, the windowlicker meme and all his user12783z38 whatsoever games did all the trick anywaysā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

It is a great Synth, even without AFX on it.

7 Likes

Iā€™d love an afx mode on the monostation. Itā€™s got patch flipping but itā€™s wonky, itā€™d be great to use notes with the sequencer.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a BSII for seven years. A lot of things have come and gone since, but itā€™s hard for me to ever imagine getting rid of mine. Quick to patch but deep, sounds great, good keybed.

2 Likes

Honestly, this thread made me appreciate my Toraiz AS1 even more. I would like to have patch flipping on that too, but i think its doable via DT or DNK. But OT. Sorry.

With all that groovebox hype, and the circuit in their pockets, i would wonder if they didnt came up with a sampler /sequencer combo. (Also that central master keyboard with sequencers, was a cool idea.) Novation is a good innovator, i hope they make something cool. (Peak still on my wishlist.)

2 Likes

Novation posted on their IG - LA/Berlin/Bristol/London
Iā€™ll be upset if this is a release by location. That isnā€™t uncommon for afx. :confused:

If this does transpire to be a BSII with some AFX branding it would be a little underwhelmingā€¦ not to diminish the synth in anyway, rather that it would be interesting to see what Novation might do for a Circuit Mono Station follow-up that RDJ inputted into the design processā€¦

Mind you, I just got the Novation email newsletter talking up their recent virtual Synthesthesia event and not even a hint about anything forthcoming on this front which suggests that it wonā€™t be a big revealā€¦

3 Likes

Looks like Novation is going to drop a piece of Hardware, with micro- tuning support and design input from Richard D. James of AFX fame.

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 2.54.48 PM

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 2.53.09 PM

4 Likes
3 Likes

Novation
FX Station
?

1 Like

I am thinking drum station mark II

2 Likes

It could also be AFX Stationā€¦ Iā€™m assuming that the ā€œNovationā€ is centered with the line below it.
(Iā€™m looking at the billboard detail nilsec posted above.)

1 Like