Novation AFX Station

Yeah, but most synths/fx choke or briefly silence the outputs when switching presets and the Bass Station 2 was most certainly not designed to work that way. So pretty cool they pulled that off. All those knobs you can twist on the BSII, must be fun in AFX mode.

3 Likes

Itā€™s almost like theyā€™re in it to make money or something?
Seems like totally appropriate marketing to me.
Itā€™s hardly a Jedward collab in a Pepsi ad is it.

Iā€™ll just be stoked if we get some new AFX to wrap our lugholes around.

2 Likes

At least itā€™s not likely to be a Bluetooth Speaker, eh?

Sorry, magic radio.

8 Likes

Iā€™m hiding under my Aphex branded Umbrella.

9 Likes

I kindof assumed he collaborated with novation to get back at korg somehow

works with me :see_no_evil:
the black BS2 looks very cool btw

keys are white thoughā€¦ I have a microKorg completely black - do you think this has to do with BLM? Anyways ā€“ I was always a fan of completely black hardware ā€“ so I am super happy that everyone drives that train.

I have a hard time trying to accept that Aphex Twin works with a BS2 when you consider that Filter Cutoff is smoothed and canā€™t be properly automated.
(Just ranting because Iā€™m struggling with the support for years to have the smoothing removed. But stillā€¦)

1 Like

I always thought this was a nice looking thing:

27 Likes

Oh well, teasers always seem to end in disappointment and leaks.

I hoped it might have been something a bit more interesting like an Aphex circuit or something where he had input on features.

Expectations, they, I am disappoint :joy:

2 Likes

I hope itā€™s Aphex Twin mode for the Peak and Summit! Donā€™t let me down, Novation!

3 Likes

You realise that the Warp bass station isnā€™t it?
That was from last year.
Donā€™t spend all that disappointment just yetā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s actually a cool idea. Maybe good ol Richard D James allowed them to replicate/model his circuit bending experiments. Iā€™d be down for that at the right price.

1 Like

No I didnā€™t :joy:

Not the sharpest knife in the drawerā€¦

2 Likes

Probably aphex peak summit thing or mini mono peak.

Iā€™m off to drive around London in my tank while living in a bank writing even more marketing wa&@

See it works , 20+ years later and the marketing bull still lingers. ( Iā€™m not dismissing his talent , Iā€™m just a bit embarrassed that I read into the marketing many years ago ).

1 Like

Itā€™s the Bass Station II ltd WxAxRxP edition from last year, with the Aphex logo instead.
Same purple light glow from the Pitch and Mod wheels in that poster.
Hopefully thereā€™s some new tweaks to the firmware but from what i read last year, the machine was pushed to its limit with the 4.14 AFX update.

You got my hopes up then!

1 Like

Thatā€™d be great.

Do you know thatā€™s what it is for sure?

No, but iā€™m looking at the pic and comparing it to my BS II and the WARP ltd version pics online. Itā€™s the same thing. Heres a photoshop comparison i just did (made the white keys black to match the poster) ā€“ you can even see the ā€˜Copyā€™ shortcut from the WARP version (not printed on the orig BS II case) just below the Transpose buttonā€¦

8 Likes