Noticed something strange in Test Mode

Hi there everyone! 1st post here!
Bought a second hand Digitakt 2 weeks ago. Looks like everythings ok and I never noticed no strange behaviour. Today I decided to erase everything and tried out test mode.
So pressing all buttons I noticed something strange. What do you guys think of this?
https://youtube.com/shorts/Zk42B5cqvcs?si=D8dmqfbjJmsPucAf

Lots of thanks .
Peter

Hi, if you’re referring to the all yellow screen and then alternating to the all black screen with trigs 1 and 2, that’s a screen test which helps you to see if you have any dead pixels across the OLED or if there is a pixel which is stuck on (permanently illuminated), because it can be hard to tell when there’s visual data already displayed. It’s an expected behavior which is part of the keys test, nothing to worry about.

6 Likes

Thanks a lot Shigginpit! Thats goods news ! :slight_smile: I was kind of worried…

So just one more question:
Started pressing numerous trigs at the same time including trig 1 and 2.
Now trig 3 4 5 started give me R G B. Didn’t have before and now that ot stated can remove it lol…
I presume and hope its normal also…
Thanks again for your anwser !

https://youtube.com/shorts/Zk42B5cqvcs?si=D8dmqfbjJmsPucAf

1 Like

No problem. This is also expected. The LED lights used in the keys have a RGB bulb so that it can serve multiple functions, since an RGB has 3 different semiconductors (according to google that’s what determines LED color) within the diode’s housing, so it tests each of the legs individually. If you press all three (3,4,5) together simultaneously, you’ll find that they illuminate white as is the behavior of an equal mix of all 3 color spectrums. Also nothing to worry about, good questions though :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks again for the answer. I am Happy with my digitakt and glad that everythings ok…
I didnt look for any anwser online cause I assumed it was a malfunction…
Thanks Shigginpit .

2 Likes

No worries man, glad it’s working out for you and hope that you continue to enjoy it!

2 Likes