Note takeover clicks

Have there been any developments since this last post to address this? Obviously I understand that the DC offset is a symptom of ending a wave on anything other than zero amplitude - but just wondered if there had been any clever programming added to the OT in any updates to remedy this?

i’m also frequently experiencing these kinds of clicks when slicing up a sample, even though the start and end points would be at a zero crossings (as indicated by OT), and despite any amp attack value. would love a solution, but it seems like this is some kind of bug and could only really be resolved by updating the firmware :frowning:

Endpoints at zero crossings won’t help if the playback gets cut off not exactly at the zero crossing) by the next trigger. This will only help when the slice length/playtime is an exact multiple of the step length/playtime (and no microtiming involved).

3 Likes

Indicated for 1 or 2 channels? :content:
For stereo samples, you can change display to L & R view (CHANGE VIEW), and set zero crossings for both channels. Otherwise you may have zero crossing for Left channel only.

4 Likes

thanks, this was new information to me! unfortunately still doesn’t fix the issue of clicks when not playing slices fully like @tnussb mentioned :frowning:

I usually use ATK=1, HOLD=Min, REL below 127, to taste. You can increase HOLD too (step values).

1 Like

For playing the release phase completely to its end (or even only near to it) the previous sound would still need a voice, which will not work when the next trig steals the voice, isn’t it?

And setting the REL to a value which matches up exactly won’t work either, when the notes have different length (REL is a time-based value).

1 Like

Yes, of course it doesn’t solve everything, but it works with a slice grid with linear locks.

So, unsolveable issue…
Doesn’t matter what we do with the enveloppe or settings, it’s just a voice management issue.
Nice