Nord Stage 4 (was 3)

Holy guacamole!
This is the mothership!

3 Likes

I think this is opening the path towards at least an A2 very soon, which I’d imagine will encompass some kind of Nord Wave functionality.
I hope it’s not at the expense of the next Lead and more importantly for me personally, another Nord Drum module.

2 Likes

Holy guacamole !

rotallytuined – You get just two posts in this thread, and 6 years later it’s on to Stage 4. Should know more about this in only a couple days.

1 Like

You’ve blown the dust and cobwebs off of the guacamole! :joy:

Also great reminder of my horrendous prediction.

1 Like

Enormous sale on all the Stage 3 products. See this post.

Rename this thread to 4 and you’ll gain the reputation as the Nostradamus of Elektronauts, predicting the Stage 4 six years ahead.

It’s fun !

=-=-=-=-=-=

I’m looking forward to this announcement. Nord really has a unique place, and knows how to make a great synth.

3 Likes

Title changed @Jukka :+1:🫡
Great idea…:sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’ll be $6000, have an embarrassingly low amount of storage space, a nicer screen or two, a synth section light on features* and I’ll sell half my stuff to buy one.

*I say this hoping there’s actually a modular synth snuck in along with more sophisticated organ controls. Heck, even a couple of Nord Drum finger pads.

1 Like

that’s a great discount but still a load of cash. i suppose the market for this is working musicians who will spend that money.

1 Like

We’ll see where the 4 hits price wise compared to the regular price of the 3.

Nord isn’t about cheap. It’s got its own place to fill. That’s why seeing what the Stage 4 brings will be interesting.

That’s a serious amount of money. A good £2000 more than I paid for my Stage 2 new.
No matter how good it is I can’t justify that, and I’d be terrified to gig with it, which is its primary purpose.

2 Likes

No Modular engine… one LFO on the synth…

Well, no reason to buy the Wave 2 now

2 Likes

Gearnews has a summary, skip down to the “What’s New” section.

The addition of the drawbars seems a natural extension, as are improvements to the effects.

That’s as true as it would be with any premium equipment, so nothing new there. The Stage 4 is nice if it can cover for other keyboards in your setup.

2 Likes

I really like the Nord piano type synths that I have tried in stores. Sort of a brighter sounding synth compared to the darker sounds of the Virus for example. If I ever take piano lessons again in the future and need a portable piano, a Nord Stage would be awesome. Along with Waldorf Quantum MK2 and the Mini Moog Model D reissue a real treat.

1 Like

Got to agree with you, there’s no doubt this will be an extremely good piece of kit. I love Nord, I own a Grand, a Stage 2, a Lead 4 and a Nord Drum. You could say I’m a bit of a fan.

Tbh, I think I’m railing against how much the cost of music gear has skyrocketed as of late.
It was almost always the case that a flagship keyboard was around the £2500 mark. Then it rose to around £3000. Suddenly we’re at £4500 and I’m just like, nope.

4 Likes

I still find their product segmentation a bitch – I want a 76-key Nord keyboard that is the most like playing a real Rhodes as possible. I can’t stand semi-weighted, light keyboard action. Which model do I get?

Almost +1k in price and beyond the 4k mark, which is psychologically heart-breaking. Who knows, maybe this pricing is intended to get rid of the current inventory of version 3 without taking too many losses and to drop prices thereafter?

At the same time, Nord Stage 4 practically becomes a Nord Stage Wave 4 1/2. Is this added feature set going to be stage relevant (pun unintended) though? The NS3 seemed a little bit more focused.

Anyway, always nice to see how Clavia’s progressing with their product line. What the heck is going on with Korg though? The sleeper must awaken.

1 Like

I like the polyphonic arp. Do other synths have a poly arp that does inversions?

1 Like

I predict a Nord Stage 5…

…some day…

1 Like

Perhaps a small target audience for the below, but Nord Stage 4 relevant:

If you’re in the US and a Guitar Center customer you might have received a 20% off coupon offer this week. Nord items aren’t on the list of included gear this coupon applies to but I chatted with a rep who was able to give me the 20% off on a Stage 4. That was nearly $1000 savings on a NS4 Compact…

1 Like