Nord Drum 2 vs 3P

Thanks for the reply - I wouldn’t be considering it if it wasn’t such a good deal.
Do I need the extra params? Not really.
Do I need fx? Neutral. Don’t mind them!
Do I need trigs in? Nope.
Midi parameters? Until Elektron lets me label them, sorta?
Form factor? Clear win for ND2.

Tough call still!

I would love to buy it. Unfortunately the seller does not answer my question/offer.
I’m from Germany, so I guess that’s the problem…

He did not answer mine neither ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool 3P demo by Blush Response.

2 Likes

what style are those m4? i don’t see that exact shape on amazon

edit: found similar “m4 thumb screws” but the lengths vary quite a bit. what are you using there? the manual doesn’t specify screw length

It seems the code was DIN 464,VS8401

2 Likes

I just got a ND2 for sampling purposes and I’m kinda falling in love… It’s dinky, it’s clacky, the layout is straightforward and it sounds really good. The presets weren’t to my taste but they provide brilliant starting points for my own patches.

6 Likes

just bought some m4x8mm thumbscrews i’ll post when i receive them if its a proper fit

1 Like

You’re always one (or five) steps ahead of me in the drum machine game but someday I will get a ND2 as well. Looking forward to your samples!

2 Likes

any luck?

1 Like

oh yeah i forgot about this lol my bad

the m4x8 thumbscrews is a perfect fit! but what i didnt realize is when i thumb-tighten it, its actually pretty hard to unscrew. you can tighten it pretty firmly but i can see overtime if left alone as it gets cold and warm, and etc, the thumbscrew would be difficult to undo.

2 Likes

sweet, thanks for the info!

Does anyone know how easy it is to adjust the pads on the 3P? I’ve been eyeing one in my area but the pads look like they’ve been really beat to hell and look like they need adjusting / straightening.

1 Like

What’s up everyone? Necroboosting this post, not sure if this is the right place to ask stuff like this:

I have come up on a Nord Drum 2, and haven’t been able to find a community of folks who have one who might be able to Shepard me in the art of designing drums.

I have a Joy Orbison reference track with some awesome pitched percussion that sounds potentially physically modeled or FM, and am looking to try and replicate something similar in my attempt to get to know the device a little better.

Would anybody here have a good enough handle on the device to help me achieve sounds like the ones that start around 0:29?

If this isn’t the place to ask and there are other communities around this synth, I’d love a point in the right direction.

1 Like

Love Joy O and especially love this EP - really inspired production.

I’m able to get sounds like this using resonators and by playing around with pitch parameters. I use my Digitakt for drums, but any source would do if the effects are correct.

1 Like

Picked up the first model, quickly upgraded when the 2 dropped, fantastic drum tone generator! Sold it during a studio downsizing, expecting the 4 to come out… still waiting years now. Really hope they release one

Nord has it’s own forum you could ask, but I think you could probably just pick a preset that’s close and work from there, no?

My experience, with the ND3 at least, is that it’s on the simpler side of sound design.

Better try to love stage pianos imho !

:rofl:

Clavia had really awesome concepts and designs but some of 'em, esp ND serie and modular, modular G2, have been niche products despites their awesomeness…They have to make money at the end of the day.

Its crazy how much more expensive the 2 to is compared to 3. I see it for 1000 and so sad. Its main difference is mostly the clap envelope. Also a shame that Nord isn’t doing anything against it. They could easy kill a bit a bit of the used market.

1 Like

It’s the form factor too and I think there’s something else that sets it apart. I have the 2 and 3p. They’re both phenomenal and I love them dearly. The 2 is easier to jam with sometimes cause of the size. That said, the 3 is just flat out fun to jam on cause of the pads!

1 Like