Nord Drum 2 - Hesitation

Good, glad to see there’s more interest in this little beast. I still love mine.

Was jamming with it last night. Here’s a small set of minimal percs from last night:

Plastic Fjord

^^ sweet piece!

…and thanks for checking out mine… gonna have to try sequencing the nd2 one of these days, so far I’ve only used it with pads and sticks.

Dear Baddcr,
How you connect your IPad . I have an IPad Air 2 and looking for easy connection to Midi.
All the best,
waldemaR

yeah, I’m running an iPad Air… keep looking for the iRig Midi 2, but haven’t located one yet, once I do I’ll grab the Nord app and give it a go. May feed some OT midi to the ND as well…

the Nord Pad is a bit risky given it’s locked to the ND, but it’s an awesome controller. I’d still like to get some drum triggers for the ND as well.

SC, yeah, they’re getting on my nerves lately too. :angry:

Der polyslax,
Please leave then a comment what your experience is with iRig Midi 2
My question how you connect to OT , ND 2 and IPad in OT is the Master and the ND 2 Tirggel via IP ad.
All the best,
waldemaR

Dear Baddcr,
How you connect your IPad . I have an IPad Air 2 and looking for easy connection to Midi.
All the best,
waldemaR[/quote]
iConnectMidi2 or 4+ or Focusrite 18i8.

They do very different things, but both are excellent!

I’ve heard varying reports on the suitability of USB dongle midi interfaces like this:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/esi_midi_mate.htm

I believe the MAudio one is good - but do your research :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Der Baddcr,
Thank you will check.
All the best,
waldemaR

Der polyslax,
Please leave then a comment what your experience is with iRig Midi 2
My question how you connect to OT , ND 2 and IPad in OT is the Master and the ND 2 Tirggel via IP ad.
All the best,
waldemaR[/quote]
You’re not going to be able to do this with a cheap dongle type midi interface.

iCM2+ is probably the best bet - although be aware that with an iPad Air you will also need a 30pin to lightning adapter and you’re probably going to want to get a power supply too to enable charging of your iPad. This effectively doubles the cost. Still a good deal and a cracking bit of kit thoughTo be sure. With the iCM2+ i’m able to connect for Instance OT, ND 2 and IPad the OT is the Master for ND but Trigger with the iPad? All the best,[/quote]
waldemaR

I mean OT as a Master Midi Clock, but the sequence from the iPad.
Of course i can sequence from OT also the ND 2, but it is for beginning easier with the App.
All the best,
waldemaR

Love this track!

1 Like

OT + ND2 = game over…
Add an OP-1 and maybe a multi fx and you can kill that gas stone dead.
The Nord Drum 2 is possibly the best thing eveeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

1 Like

Damn, you guys are making GAS hard for a ND2. Probably next on my shopping list after a blofeld, but need to sell a couple of items first…

What are your favorite ND2 parameters for p-locked CC#s and LFO?

The timbres and decays are great but I also like the noise filters and drive. I’m playing around with specific CC# assignments for specific tracks. EQ frequency sweeps for toms, and tone punch automation for snares.

This thing is so deep. Using it on midi channels 1-6 gives you chromatic control, so I’ve set my 6 midi tracks on Monomachine up that way.
I’m getting some wild leads and basses out of it.

Best $400 I’ve spent in a long time.

3 Likes

Where did you get it for that price?

Where did you get it for that price?[/quote]
Open Box from Unique Squared

Just want to remind everyone the ND2 absolutely rules.
Free bump to Nord!
Check it if you haven’t.
Buy it if you didn’t.

See the 808 there? Eh?
Come on!

It might have been 808, but I prefer my Nord Drum 2 to the 808

I’ve had mine for a few months only, sooo easy to program!

Do it. Nord Drum 2 is a beautiful beast.

Just got one and it’s so inspiring! Playing a bit with pickup machines and playing it with pads, quite a change from sequence based drums. The low output is annoying but otherwise pretty nice!

I really like mine, you can just sequence it from a good sequencer like Octatrack but I find out that something like ModSteps really opens it up.

Or just sample its sound on the OT and go!